Changes to the Bark River Speedway

BF_702

Reaction
With our first race right around the corner, I thought I would post a few progress pic's. As the progress continues I will update the pic's. The second to last picture is the start of the new Beer service building, that should be completed by this weekend. All of our volunteers have been hard at work improving the race track and the spectator viewing area as well. We still have a few Pro camp site left and lots of general camping left. You can check it out at www.barkriveroffroad.com
Brian

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 383
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 361
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 387
  • pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 379

GJLnorthernmichigan

Reaction
With our first race right around the corner, I thought I would post a few progress pic's. As the progress continues I will update the pic's. The second to last picture is the start of the new Beer service building, that should be completed by this weekend. All of our volunteers have been hard at work improving the race track and the spectator viewing area as well. We still have a few Pro camp site left and lots of general camping left. You can check it out at www.barkriveroffroad.com
Brian

Brian, you didn't tell them about the Big Screen Jumbotron TORC is Bringing to Bark River.

BF_702

Reaction
Well Today we moved "the wall" in from the landing pad of the long jump, doing this added about 25 feet of landing area and reduced the angle of impact if a driver were to lose it comming over the long jump. More pics to come!
Brian

Attachments

• IM000003.JPG
    IM000003.JPG
    712 KB · Views: 288
  • IM000002.JPG
    IM000002.JPG
    721.6 KB · Views: 309

racefan2041

Reaction
Well Today we moved "the wall" in from the landing pad of the long jump, doing this added about 25 feet of landing area and reduced the angle of impact if a driver were to lose it comming over the long jump

Is this going to take away room for the landrush start? The first turn after the landrush start was narrow already. Taking more room from that area could make that turn more dangerous and take out more racers.

hoeker

Reaction
Is this going to take away room for the landrush start? The first turn after the landrush start was narrow already. Taking more room from that area could make that turn more dangerous and take out more racers.

that wall HAD to be moved! Adam Gubarud broke his neck there last year and i ruined my foot there the year before.

Thanks Bark River for making that jump safer for the racers and i look forward to seeing how (where) we'll be doing the start and restart!

racefan2041

Reaction
that wall HAD to be moved! Adam Gubarud broke his neck there last year and i ruined my foot there the year before.

You are right about the wall. That wall is dangerous. Maybe they will make that first turn after the landrush wider.

GJLnorthernmichigan

Reaction

Thanks Bark River for making that jump safer for the racers and i look forward to seeing how (where) we'll be doing the start and restart!

Bark River has revised the Turn, Coming out of turn 1 it is now approx. 20 feet wider to the inside. We can't make more land but every racer has to make at decision going into any turn.
We do hope this will make for safer Racing and more competition going over The Hill. Also turn 3 near the county road has been Squared & Widened to the inside of the Corner. The ATV Pen will be Moved against the Base of the hill near the Gate to walk up the Hill. The TRAXXAS Torc radio controlled Race Track will be at the Back of the TRAXXAS Jenkins Pits in D1&2 where the ATV Pen was in the Past.. Just Look at the end of Row E at the base of the Hill and you cant miss it. We will keep you updated on other changes at the track. See you there!

racefan2041

Reaction
Bark River has revised the Turn, Coming out of turn 1 it is now approx. 20 feet wider to the inside.

This is the very first turn comming out of the landrush start right? If this is the turn you are talking about then it totally answers my question.

Thank you Bark River for your continuous effort in making your facility top notch!
I'm sure many other fans and racers appreciate your effort as well.

BF_702

Reaction
Just an update on our progress, The beverage building is comming along and should be completed early next week. The concrete wall along the county road has been moved in off the road 15 feet and a jump has been added there. We started clearing trees from our new land purchase to maybe add a longer land rush start???? or maybe not???
Brian

Attachments

• IM000001a.JPG
    IM000001a.JPG
    763.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IM000004a.JPG
    IM000004a.JPG
    775 KB · Views: 176
  • IM000007a.JPG
    IM000007a.JPG
    696.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IM000008a.JPG