Changing Lug Patterns

John Bitting

Administrator
I want to convert my chevy over to 5 on 5 1/2 since thats most common in the deset. Does anyone know if I can swap axles on my 12bolt rear end or if I can replace the front rotors and achieve this or is it really complicated? I am trying to buy 17" rims and no one makes a 17x8 on a 5on5 pattern except American Eagle type 589 and the Mickey Thompson Classic II. Please help.

"faster than it looks"

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
3/4 inch wheel spacers are cheap and easy.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

fishd00d

What A Joke
Yup I already mentioned this idea to him...not as cheap as ya think though...

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

hoeker

if your 5 on 5 and want 5 on 5.5 the easiest way is to just redrill. find a buddy with a mill and you should have all of them done in less than an hour. if you abuse you truck take the opportunity to step up to bigger studs while your at it.
the fronts are super easy, the rears are a little tricky, so if the axles are marginal in strength for what your doing give Moser a call and have them make you what you need.

LIGHTS RIGHT
www.rosshoek.com

Ryno

Just so everyone knows...Chevys have been 6 on 5.5 for as long as I can remember. I know Currie and Dynagear sell Moser axles with the new lug pattern...as far as the front...you could have a fron hub machined? Kris or Greg feel free to step in here...you are the machinists of the bunch. Dave G could also know more about this.

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I'm no machinist...I just work at a machine shop! All the half ton chevy's I know of have 5 on 5 lug pattern.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

Ryno

Sorry Kris, I was about as clear as the Tule fog in the central valley. 1/2 ton 4x's and 6 x 5.5. 2wd's are 5 on 5. Either way, Bitting is going to go to one of the big axle guys in town, or order them straight from Moser. I would get new shafts since the truck is so old anyways.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

sirhk100

Ryan's got this one right, 4WD = 6 or 8 lug.
2WD= 5 lug

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

Stan

1/2 and 3/4 ton-6
1 ton-8

I'm not here, nor was I here, nor will I ever be here.

CanyonMan

Stockton wheel can make or modify just about any wheel. Steel is easier since they can swap out the center section with a different bolt pattern. Not sure if they can do aluminum, but a call can't hurt. www.stocktonwheel.com

Lyrch

Stan

A call to Stockton Wheel can't hurt, but doing business with them will. I personally know two different people that have done business with them and in the end came out on the wrong end. Do not do business with them, and if y'all want, I'll have these two people post their problems they had with Stockton Wheel on here as a further warning.

I'm not here, nor was I here, nor will I ever be here.