• Forum membership has its advantages....

Chappy

swiftracing5

Before my other post gets buried, I felt like this should get its own.

I’ll be the first to admit I’m not very religious and I probably should be after these last 2 races.

I got my first direct Chappy blessing at Parker staging this year and I just so happened to roll twice and not only walk away but finish the race.

Then at At the Mint our car was involved in a rollover(Endo in the deep holes). We got the call that rider had back pain and needed to go to Vegas for more tests. We piled in a car and headed to UMC Trauma center. I see Chappy standing out front and thought maybe someone else had a more serious incident and he was ready to go in to check on him/her.

Well He had heard the call on the radio and headed straight there to check on our guy. Anyone who has been around a trauma unit knows- it sucks. But he was still there, with us. We didn’t get ever get access to see our guy, so we all just sat out front for hours. He had Steve’s(our guy) cell number and was in direct comms with him

we start talking aka “picking up dust”, laugh, cry, pray. Nobody ever expects it to happen to your team, but it did this time, and you’re never going to be prepared. He was able to comfort us and give us his blessing, it felt right. After he prayed for us and our guy, he left and went onto the next issue, we racers unfortunately keep him pretty busy, and within 2 hours our guy walked out under his own power.

Before this turns into a mig post, just a heartfelt thank you to Chappy. Keep doing what you’re doing.

J Prich

Before my other post gets buried, I felt like this should get its own.

I’ll be the first to admit I’m not very religious and I probably should be after these last 2 races.

I got my first direct Chappy blessing at Parker staging this year and I just so happened to roll twice and not only walk away but finish the race.

Then at At the Mint our car was involved in a rollover(Endo in the deep holes). We got the call that rider had back pain and needed to go to Vegas for more tests. We piled in a car and headed to UMC Trauma center. I see Chappy standing out front and thought maybe someone else had a more serious incident and he was ready to go in to check on him/her.

Well He had heard the call on the radio and headed straight there to check on our guy. Anyone who has been around a trauma unit knows- it sucks. But he was still there, with us. We didn’t get ever get access to see our guy, so we all just sat out front for hours. He had Steve’s(our guy) cell number and was in direct comms with him

we start talking aka “picking up dust”, laugh, cry, pray. Nobody ever expects it to happen to your team, but it did this time, and you’re never going to be prepared. He was able to comfort us and give us his blessing, it felt right. After he prayed for us and our guy, he left and went onto the next issue, we racers unfortunately keep him pretty busy, and within 2 hours our guy walked out under his own power.

Before this turns into a mig post, just a heartfelt thank you to Chappy. Keep doing what you’re doing.
We're all fortunate to have Chappy and Dave's Motorsports Safety Solutions crew on hand at events. No one wants to every need to see them on race day but it is really comforting knowing that if something bad happens, they're going to be there to take care of you.

swiftracing5

We're all fortunate to have Chappy and Dave's Motorsports Safety Solutions crew on hand at events. No one wants to every need to see them on race day but it is really comforting knowing that if something bad happens, they're going to be there to take care of you.
Yes! MSS was on scene as well, godsends to our sport. Almost doesn't feel like we deserve them sometimes but dam are we lucky to have them in the sport.

J Prich

Yes! MSS was on scene as well, godsends to our sport. Almost doesn't feel like we deserve them sometimes but dam are we lucky to have them in the sport.
I was in Pit A when the call came in and there was a bit of confusion initially about the location as the first calls were that it was just past Pit A instead of past the Knight Ranch Road crossing. I ran over there too thinking I should for some reason but as soon as I got there I realized there wasn't much point in me being there because Dave and his crew handle their business and definitely don't need me getting in the way, lol.

MTPyle

It’s great to have Chappy at the race, super cool caring guy.

But When he comes up to bless us it kind of freaks me out. Like oh man I failed spelling just got real, this guy is praying for me. What have I got myself into. Haha.

But glad he is there each race to help us through and let the big guy know to watch out for us.

Mike

ONE_RJ

Chaplain Steve Hanson is a very giving person to the Off-road community solely through his true beliefs and the love of Christ. I know he could really use our support to help with his expenses and wages. Right now would be a great time for everyone to show him your appreciation for being available and in time of need. Please show him some love with a donation directly to him. Dirt Sports / Hanson

sb4pro

Chappy is an awesome guy . He doesn’t just help you racers either , he helps us race fans as well . Last year I was battling with depression and anxiety issues ( still am to a point ) and he was a huge help with prayer , advice , and just being a sounding board . Knowing that there was someone out there who understood what I was going through and was able to help me made things lots better . One of the best words of advice he told me was to let god be my codriiver and when the course seemed to be to rough to hand the wheel over to him and let him lead the way . I still to this day use that advice when things in my life get rough or stressful . I had the wonderful opportunity of actually meeting him last Labor Day at Crandon and can tell you the man is truly a god send . I took him for dinner , he met my family and friends and afterwards we chatted privately on the way back to the track . That day not only did I make a friend I made a brother in Christ . Some of you may know how I talk about the off-road community being a family and how when I go to Crandon it’s like a family reunion for me well this is a PRIME EXAMPLE of exactly what I mean .
5FABD74F-BA0B-48C3-83A1-969FAC64B2CC.jpeg

Last edited:

ndvalium

Rescue Director
So when My team was asked to participate in the Mint I started going through the pieces that we count on when something happens. I called Steve and made sure it fit in his schedule. Another Chaplian that we are fortunate to have on our team is Michael Glassey. Michael doesn’t get out to many off road events and is our Sand Drag Racers for Christ Chaplian. I asked him to join us as well. The combo of the two meant we had resources available to our racers especially in the event someone is injured. Steve and Michael worked out a plan to rotate trips to the hospital for the 3 injuries that were transported. Michael was the first one that went Friday morning. And not only did he spend time with our injured Motorcycle rider and his family, but he took the opportunity to visit with each patient in the Trauma Center. Saturday Steve Hanson went up after Steve crashed and also visited with Kj and family.

To me Racers for Christ Chaplains are an essential part of our team. They first and foremost are there to console those injured and help the families that often just need a hug or hope. But they also are a extremely valuable liaison between the race and the injured racer. in normal pre-hospital medicine, you package and ship them off and never hear another word. In Motorsports however, each racer is our family member (we have a few to many crazy cousin Eddy’s ) but a family non the less and we need to know how you are doing.

All my love to Steve and Michael for their help, compassion and dedication to our sport!

ONE_RJ

Chaplain Steve Hanson is a very giving person to the Off-road community solely through his true beliefs and the love of Christ. I know he could really use our support to help with his expenses and wages. Right now would be a great time for everyone to show him your appreciation for being available and in time of need. Please show him some love with a donation directly to him. Dirt Sports / Hanson
Done, Today will now be a better day.

dhjeepgeek

I am not a religious person either, But before each race we have a team prayer. I figure it cant hurt. At Parker, being an early start we forgot and went off to the starting staging line. I remembered about the prayer and asked one of our more religious team member to do it over the radio. Dave Sissum stepped up and said a prayer for the team and all that raced that day. Other than my motor we were all good.

steve0we01

My reply is way late as this is the first time I have been able to get to a computer.......

I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to so many people. First off, The guy behind the wheel Erik Irvine for being a great guy, great father and one of the best drivers I know. The first thing he did when we landed was check on me, get the car off the course and get on the radio for help. He handled a high stress situation like a rockstar. He did what a leader does when a leader needs to make the right decision...... Thank you Erik!

The next person I would like to thank is a group of racers, safety people and spectators that I can hardly recognize who got me out of the car, got me transported and safely to the hospital. The positive words, the organizations and attention to detail was amazing! I wish I knew who was there, I owe ya beers after the next race! They sat out in the sun all day so that people like you & me can live our childhood dreams and receive very little glory... THANK YOU.

The Next person I would like to thank somehow got a business card to me via a security guard in the middle of the Trauma unit. With the amount of morphine I had in my system I figured he was a ambulance chaser for sure! That guy has shaken my hand and prayed with me at the start of many races. He is the guy we all love to go see, but hate to have visit us. Chappy was quick on the texting as I couldn't talk on the phone, and a blessing to have standing out in the parking lot with the next group of people I would like to thank. Chappy, you sir are amazing!

This next group of people.... wow. there is a lack of words and excess of tears building up thinking about this group. This group has been racing together for quite a while in class 5U and continues to prove that the people in Class 5U are what racing is all about. Team Trainwreck includes The entire Erik Irvine family, Zac Reish and his family, Pete Swift, Ben Swift, Andrew McCredie & Daron Rarden and his family along with many others from Class 5U. From the very second the call came across the radio Team Trainwreck took action, took control and organized my transportation, family contact, rental car return, transport to the airport and gave me the mental support to realize we aren't just racers, we are family for life. There isn't enough "THANK YOU" that I can give to these people.

Let's hope that in 6 weeks I will get out of this brace, back to work and back to racing in whatever form that means. Before your next race, plan for that big hit, get the right gear, have a plan for what happens next and know that Chappy and the rest of this incredible dezert family will be there for you too!

Steve Tyo / Texas Steve

Zac Reish

You’d do the same for any of us Steve. Can’t wait to give you that hug I held back because I was worried about you hurting your back even more than it is already. Kick this back injuries ass. Hope to see you in May.

Chaplain

God Dude
Came on here to see what was going on with San Flip and turns out there is a thread on me. 😊

Thank you all for the kind words, hopefully you know without doubt that myself or any RFC chaplain will always do our very best to be there in your time of need. It is an honor to be there to shake your hand at the drop of the green flag, the waving of the checkered flag and to hold your hand in prayer especially when life goes sideways. I have a lot of love for the offroad racing community and am always here for you racing or not racing.

I'm sure I'm not the only one paying close attention to the happenings in the news and around the world right now. I would like to encourage all of you in our time of uncertainty to take a moment to pray for our country; its leadership our communities, our businesses and our families. One thing for certain we will get on the other side of this.

2Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and discipline.
Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand'.

God speed!
-Chap

S of SMD

all great and True things.. But iI fail to see much on the NEED to CONTRIBUTE to CHAPPY for his time, attention and care of the Off road Nation.. Give much and often!!

MSG
Give a bonus to leaders who do a good job, especially the ones who work hard at preaching and teaching. Scripture tells us, “Don’t muzzle a working ox” and “A worker deserves his pay.”