Chappy's Pit Stop: Fresh S.T.A.R.T. in 2010

Chaplain

God Dude
Reaction

How to make a Fresh S.T.A.R.T. in ‘2010

The 2010 racing season kicked off this weekend at the SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge. It served as a reminder that the slate is clean, we shouldn't be looking back at last years season but we should have our program in order for the season in front of us. Hopefully this little devotion get's you and your team motivated for the season ahead.
Isaiah 43:18-19 “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”
We may think that because of our faith, difficulties, doubts, and discouragement should be easily overcome. But that isn’t the case. Here are some steps to help encourage you to make a fresh START and how to live in the midst of trouble times.

STOP: STOP MAKING EXCUSES/ WE HAVE POWER TO RESPOND.
What are some common causes of failure?
Proverbs 27:12 The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.
1) We don’t: plan ahead.
“if you fail to plan, you plan to fail”
Proverbs 15:22 Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.
2) We don’t: listen/seek advice of others.
a. Notice them.
b. Feeling with them
c. Remind them of the hope we have in Christ as we persevere in our walk with Him.​
3) We: give up too soon.
Failure is the path of least resistance.
Proverbs 24:10 If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength!

TAKE: TAKE STOCK OF WHAT I HAVE.
1) What have I learned? Learn from our failures/successes.
2) What are my assets? What do I have going for me.
3) Who can help me? Don’t isolate yourself from others.
Psalm 1:1-3 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields ins fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
Galatians 3:3-4 Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? Have you suffered so much for nothing—if it really was for nothing? Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you hear?

ACT: ACT IN FAITH.
Matthew 9:29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith will it be done to you”; and their sight was restored.
Mark 11:22msg “Embrace this God-life. Really embrace it, and nothing will be too much for you. This mountain, for instance: Just say, ‘Go Jump in the lake’ –no shuffling or shilly-shallying –and it’s as good as done. That’s why I urge you to pray for absolutely everything, ranging from small to large. Include everything as you embrace this God-life, & you’ll get God’s everything. Isaiah 40:28 & 46:10 | Psalm 90:2 & 121:3 | Matt 6:8 & 10:30

REFOCUS: REFOCUS MY THOUGHTS.
Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life.
Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is –his good, pleasing and perfect will.

TRUST: TRUST GOD TO HELP ME SUCCEED.
2Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
Zechariah 4:6 “So he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.”

If you desire to support Racers For Christ ministry efforts please visit us at www.TeamRFC.org online donations at RFC Donation

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Thanks Steve. Good to see you this weekend.

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
thank you for the words steve it helps a lot

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
Reaction
Thanks Chappy!

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
Thanks Chappy. What a great message to help us start off the new racing season and year.