Charged $3100 in racing expenses without racing?

Honda48X

Reaction
You can always register up to the last minute. You just have to pay more. It’s a Risk / reward thing.

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
And I said our team would've done the exact same thing!!!

"I guess you would handle the situation like I/our team would, burn the midnight oil until there is no more left"

And then I said:
"Maybe we can all use this as a lesson if we have an issue immediately leading up to a race and cannot fix it. Call the promoter as soon as possible? Let them know what is going on, trying to fix, but if not what happens to my entry fee????"

I was not trying to throw your team or you into the fire but just trying to use this as a learning experience for all of us if we come into a similar situation. That is all.
No worries, it is what it is.

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
Racing is expensive and risky, you should go after the motor builder for the fee's building motor's is not rocket science, and can be done in short order.
OR you were not ready for the race did not hve your shiz taken care of either way Score is not at fault, sorry the day before is way to late to get a refund.

Yea that was what was so frustrating about it. Most people told me the same as you, that they should be able to fix it quick. And it was supposed to have been fixed, i actually picked up the car and everything. Took it all the way back to tijuana and the next day driving it around block the same issue popped up again. After issue was supposed to have been fixed and verified and was charged for an hour of dyno time after. So drop it off again that day and car is still there now three weeks later.Thats why im looking to change up. Everything else was ready car fully prepped, entry fee paid, prerun done, hotel and airbnb paid, it was very painful but thats racing haha.

43mod

Reaction
Pretty disapointing that they wont give a credit for 75 percent ish. Best bet is to ask in writing in polite words.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
Thats rough for sure. I would expect an admin fee up to 50%.. That being said I have forfeited rooms and stuff that I pre planned ahead of a big race and had too no show.

mgobaja

Reaction
so a few positive things, you car should be fully prepped, you didnt use hotel rooms/ race fuel , etc.

But - does their entry sheet / form state anything either way about a non-starting entry / last minute withdraw ? I would ask, then maybe encourage them to add something to it, for future times this could happen to other racers.

Mooch2Peril

Reaction
Yea that was what was so frustrating about it. Most people told me the same as you, that they should be able to fix it quick. And it was supposed to have been fixed, i actually picked up the car and everything. Took it all the way back to tijuana and the next day driving it around block the same issue popped up again. After issue was supposed to have been fixed and verified and was charged for an hour of dyno time after. So drop it off again that day and car is still there now three weeks later.Thats why im looking to change up. Everything else was ready car fully prepped, entry fee paid, prerun done, hotel and airbnb paid, it was very painful but thats racing haha.

That being the case I’d put it on turnkey. Did they give you any timeline for motor to be done? If they’re taking 3+ weeks to diagnose and fix an “issue” no matter how big or small is on them. I can build race winning motors in my garage with the WRONG tools in a few hours. Having an engine building shop with the RIGHT tools I can build you 100 motors in 3 weeks working half days and taking 3 day weekends. Yup if I were you I’d be talking to turnkey about getting at least half of that back. Especially the recurrence if issue in less than few miles from the “it’s done” the first time.

Peter Alesi Jr.

Reaction
It was along time ago " Like 30yrs ago" but I lost the only transmission I had for my 5-1600 a day before the Baja 500, and score had no problem moving my entry fee to the next race!!

Zac Reish

Reaction
It is crazy to think that if you sign up and and pay for anything and for some reason can not do or get what you paid for and not get credit or a refund back. What company collects money and does not provide a service or give refunds? I have personally had this same issue with snore and money simply carried over to the next race. I didn't even ask it just did. This is f'd up. Yes the engine builder may have some responsibility but they should not be responsible for scores decision to not give a refund.

AZ7000'

Reaction
It is crazy to think that if you sign up and and pay for anything and for some reason can not do or get what you paid for and not get credit or a refund back. What company collects money and does not provide a service or give refunds? I have personally had this same issue with snore and money simply carried over to the next race. I didn't even ask it just did. This is f'd up. Yes the engine builder may have some responsibility but they should not be responsible for scores decision to not give a refund.

Any concert ticket, sporting event, paid attendance racing event, airline flight, lift ticket, hotel reservation within a listed cancellation time, and a few more then that I’d guess....

Score cancellation insurance, there’s an opportunity, 300 entries at $100 ea and only pay out 2-3 no shows per race!

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Should SCORE be liable if a driver goes to the Drivers meeting and finds out there is a speed zone through his favorite section or God forbid he finds out he might start behind a class he thinks he should start in front of and juat decides hes not feeling it?

Not that that would ever be an issue ;)

Should there be a refund then? How do you know who and what are legit?

Bro_Gill

Reaction
History and precedence have shown promoters, even SCORE, rolling entry fees towards the next or another event in the future when a racer can't make the start line.

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
Should SCORE be liable if a driver goes to the Drivers meeting and finds out there is a speed zone through his favorite section or God forbid he finds out he might start behind a class he thinks he should start in front of and juat decides hes not feeling it?

Thats a good point, to make my case this time i brough them my receipt from turnkey so they knew i wasnt bsing

NIKAL

Reaction

Dave, I’ll play!
If your at a drivers meeting, I’d assume you already checked with registration & got your wristbands, and have tech’ed your vehicle. So in that case you have shown up to race, and should not be able to withdraw and get your money back.

But if you contacted the promoter before the event, never showed up to the event, never signed in at registration or tech’ed your vehicle. I’d hope the promoter would allow your fees to be rolled over to the next event. Of course if the entry form filled out at the time fee’s are paid, says no refunds, then I guess the promoter is able to keep the money.

What’s your entry forms say?

drofmij

Reaction
I sure and the hell wouldn't use turnkey again

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Dave, I’ll play!
If your at a drivers meeting, I’d assume you already checked with registration & got your wristbands, and have tech’ed your vehicle. So in that case you have shown up to race, and should not be able to withdraw and get your money back.

But if you contacted the promoter before the event, never showed up to the event, never signed in at registration or tech’ed your vehicle. I’d hope the promoter would allow your fees to be rolled over to the next event. Of course if the entry form filled out at the time fee’s are paid, says no refunds, then I guess the promoter is able to keep the money.

What’s your entry forms say?

Mine says no refunds...however I have never left someone on the hook.

I havent had anyone come to me the day before the green flag.

This is both sticky and sucky for both parties. I have to think a call to Roger or even Jim Ryan would resolve it alot more than this thread.

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
I JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM AUDREONNA (AUDI) CUAREZ FROM SCORE. SHE HAS FULLY REFUNDED MY ACCOUNT WHICH WILL BE USED IN CREDIT FOR A FUTURE RACE. TO BE CLEAR HER AND SCORE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN FAIR TO ME, I HAVE PAID A LOT OF FEES AT THE LAST SECOND IN ORDER TO BE IN DRAWS AND THEY HAVE ALWAYS ACCOMODATED ME. THANK YOU SCORE FOR YOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT, IT MEANS A LOT. SOMETIMES STORIES DO HAVE HAPPY ENDINGS. THANKS RDZ COMMUNITY.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
IMO - This comes down to customer service. And all the orgs need to realize this.

I think their should be a an administrative fee, Call it 20% +/-. The ballance gets applied to the next race they race for up to one year.

Call the cost the "Deposit" Fee that is NON refundable, the rest should be used as a credit. etc.

my .02

Baja Bryan

Reaction
In the past they have let us forward the funds to the next race.. Seems pretty fair from score.. Did you ever ask if you could put the money to the next event?