Chase beds - got pics?

DWymoreB

Reaction
I need some durable offroad options for the bed of my dodge but don't want a hay hauler flatbed. I've seen one, like to see more. Any tube chase beds out there?

Thanks

DWymoreB

Reaction
Thanks. I should have posted up there.

MX808

Reaction
Heres couple of chase racks i have built.

Attachments

• chase1.jpg
    chase1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 393
  • chase2.jpg
    chase2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 374
  • chase3.jpg
    chase3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 397

atomicjoe23

Reaction
What would be good features to include in a chase rack?

Obviously a place to mount at least two spare tires/wheels, fuel dump canisters, floor jack and/or hi-lift jack, a tool box, probably a generator/air compressor/welder wouldn't be bad idea either. . .anyway, I don't have any chase truck experience, but I would like to know what a well equipped chase truck carries without going overboard.

Thanks!

Reaction
Did you check out the link on post #2 above?

atomicjoe23

Reaction
I've got the link open, but I haven't read it yet. . .I'm guessing I should have read it before I posted above. . .sorry!

Steve0

Reaction
Not a very good pic, but it my dodge with my chase rack on it. It holds 4 tires or 2 dump cans in the place of each tire.

MX808

Reaction
Well the chase rack on the red truck i made can fit either three super digger threes or two 39's. It has fire extinguisher mounts on both sides, 8 inch flood lamp on each side, two 5 inch hid on the front, fit for a welder and genarator, holds 4 dump cans and has space to store boxes underneath it. The other rack thats in the third pic has all that but it holds the tires on the sides and has more light power.

diirk

Reaction
MX808: I like the design of yours. How are you attaching them to the bed?
Any ballpark pricing info?

Thanks

MX808

Reaction
MX808: I like the design of yours. How are you attaching them to the bed?
Any ballpark pricing info?

Thanks

They attach to the hooks in the bed via turn buckle system. That way there are very easy to remove if that truck is your everyday driver. Pricing would start at 1000 for a basic un-powdercoated rack.

diirk

Reaction
Thanks for the info. I'll definately get in touch when I'm in the market. That's a reasonable price and a great design!