Chase Truck set up question

Duel Offender

Reaction
Getting ready the first SCORE race of the season and would like to ask every one about storage totes for the chase truck. I am thinking all plastic totes are going to have a short life span in the back of a chase truck. Has anyone found a brand or model that has stood up fairly well? Definitely looking for totes on the heavy duty side.

kris_r

Reaction
I can vouch for the 27 gallon black and yellow totes. We have 8 of 'em on the roof rack of the chase rig, strapped down with ratchet straps.

We race moto, FYI. Great for organizing spares, gear, emergency items, etc.

hnunez

Reaction

I picked one of these up for camping gear. I really like it so far.
Great tote but they can get heavy. Since they can fit so much. We have two that weight to much for one person.

E.Hagle

Reaction
If you're willing to invest the money you should look into the milwaukee packout system. They have a really nice stackable locking system and a lot of modularity as far as different sizes and purposes to fit your needs. Built like bricks.

EL ROMAN

Reaction
Ditto on what Hagle said. I use the Dewalt Tough System or TSTACK. They're modular and on wheels, so you can load them up heavy. If on a flat surface, they can be rolled. And you can break them down when needing to lift them. They can also be locked. I have 2 of those (wait for black Friday for the lowest price) and the rest I put in the yellow/black Costco bins.

ToughSystem® 2.0 Rolling Tower

Rslhc

Reaction
I used the 25gal Husky black totes. Plastic is a little softer than the budget yellow and black ones and they are holding up well.

mgobaja

Reaction
I went from the larger 27g totes , to whatever the next size down is. Smaller ones dont hold as much, stay lighter because of that, are easier to fit into tighter areas, and each to lug around. you can do the cheaper black / yellow style, and plan on replacing as needed or the rubbermaid action packer ones cost more initially, but seem to last longer.

isdtbower

Reaction
I have been using military surplus for years. All are aluminum and square sided so they stack and fit well. Real handles. The tops can be funky, and the cans can be separated in the center instead of the top. Don't get those unless something tall or can line the insides with something. It takes a good dealer to have them. They are usually too expensive for house hold storage.