Chase truck thread

johndjmix

Reaction
As I'm preparing for moving up to a truck class, and about to buy a new F350, I'm wondering...for a chase truck with a utility body, do most guys go with the 8' bed or 6-3/4'?

I'll prob be putting a utility bed on it a few months after I pick it up.

Other than that question lets turn this thread into a chase truck showcase.

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

Last edited:

CMA GUMBY

Reaction
If you want a utility bed, look for one that is done, or buy a cab and chassis. Talk with the fleet department at yor local dealer. Most have them available to the public. Use your business as a reason if needed. Kinda hard to explain a 1ton for coolers though...

biggjim

Reaction
8' bed. The truck we build also has an 18" deck in to use as a bench.

51rcr

Reaction
I would like to see what everyone is doing for organizing drawers and tools. Always tips and trick there to use now or later and variety. never enough space so neat to see how much you can pack in. Do you have a tool bag plus organized drawers. wrench rolls are nice. but wrench holders are fast and easy to grab from.
How's everyone's equipment placement? especially the welding rig style trucks
What you doing for light in them? We use just use the 3"x2" magnetic, hanging types of led flash lights that throw a really wide light pattern. Nice to take to where your working also if needed. Want to do the LED strip lights though.

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Generally, long beds are for getting work done, and short beds are for the mall crawlers your wife drives, haha :)

redline

Reaction
8' with tall box if you really want to load it up! Our first truck we did was a short bed and we thought it was awesome how much we could fit in it. That was until we did our next 2 with long beds and saw how much the difference really was in capacity with just another 2'! One thing you have to be mindful of though is the weight depending on how much abuse your truck is going to see. Without counting fuel, coolers, random stuff in bed, ect our long beds weigh in at 13k and 14.5k! Once you find how to pack everything you could want, it gets really hard figuring out what you dont need!

B1rd

Reaction
Mark's where did you get you wheels? I want to convert our dualies to singles

johndjmix

Reaction
I think I'm going to go single rear wheels short bed since I'll be using it around town a bunch. I'm just putting so so many miles on my raptor, I need another truck!

If it was chase only I'd go with a dual rear wheels and 8'.

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

JoeyD23

Reaction

Another new one Johnny Angal just finished for Scanlon Motorsports

D4D

Reaction
Don't forget to consider fuel tank size, the stock Ford tanks are very small. With a cab and chassis truck there are not options for a direct replacement tank but with normal beds you can do a direct replacement tank in the chassis, 50 gallons on a short bed and 65 gallons on a long bed from TITAN Fuel Tanks.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Mine is an F350 with a 9' bed and it's never big enough. Downside is that it's dam heavy. Also, when the bed is full, it's sucks to get anything out of the front.

I'd like a 6' with a slide out so that it's not a waste of space and can't be over loaded as easy.

MarkMcA

Reaction
Mark's where did you get you wheels? I want to convert our dualies to singles
We got the steel wheels from TR Bumpers and the 41" Continentals I got locally. Slick set up as the fronts can go on the rear and vice versa with the offset we have.

Dorian Hartfield
www.trailready.com
888-910-2999

If you have smaller load needs and want to do a LT tire get ahold of Larry at TR Wheels for some aluminum wheels.

TR Beadlock Wheels
PO Box 699
1005 W Hazel St
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
360-503-1901
Fax 425-347-3079
www.trbeadlocks.com
www.facebook.com/TRBeadlockWheels

Mark Newhan

Reaction
We got the steel wheels from TR Bumpers and the 41" Continentals I got locally. Slick set up as the fronts can go on the rear and vice versa with the offset we have.

Dorian Hartfield
www.trailready.com
888-910-2999

If you have smaller load needs and want to do a LT tire get ahold of Larry at TR Wheels for some aluminum wheels.

TR Beadlock Wheels
PO Box 699
1005 W Hazel St
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
360-503-1901
Fax 425-347-3079
www.trbeadlocks.com
www.facebook.com/TRBeadlockWheels
That was a dually? If so the boxes are much deeper than a SRW.