Chasing home or trying to kill people ?

43mod

Reaction
I have done some incredibly stupid things . I hope most are behind me.
This fella needs to have his butt kicked and not be allowed to enter Baja again. Around noon Friday
Heartland.jpg
N bound a little N of the BOLA turn I am in a line of 50 mph traffic behind a couple of semis and 3-5 TSCO rigs. Not real good passing territory and we are doing ok. So Bernie the hot diggity Heartland stickered chase rig pulls out behind me for a super 80 mph multi pass. 2 cars up he is running way too far left and drops wheels off the side and careens back to the right just about wheels off the ground. Bernie saves it and was given a free pass back in line by some angry but not dead driver. This is where it gets good. I move a little left to point out the truck to my crew in the motor home and danged if the Heartland Special doesn't pull out to finisher off less than 1000ft later !! Back on the skinny pedal and again way far left another 2 wheels off and a quick but light bump into the trailer he was next to and it off into the weeds to clean out shorts. Sure wish I had video but figured slowing down and staying clear was more important . We did have time for a pic and middle finger out rv window though. As stated above I have done more than my fair share of fn stupid , be safe fellas.

JDDurfey

Reaction
Holy cow. Guess he decided he better audition for all you guys and the TSCO trucks and show how great a racer car driver he is.

Nothing shows your talent like passing a bunch of people in a bad place and putting peoples lives at risk when you are not in a race.

JDDurfey

Reaction
You missed the sarcasm in my post.

Racing is always putting someone's life at risk. The risk will vary at times, but in Baja when the race course is lined with spectators, the driver is putting every one of them at "risk" when racing by, unless he goes at a snail's pace.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Cant say Ive been an angel in my 20 years but I have learned to slow down, way down. I had to be in San Felipe from Ensenada no later than 1pm at this last 1000, which is why I left at 8am...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

desertspeed

Reaction
When was this? We were towing my truck north through that section on sat and were leapfrogging with several of the tsco trophy trucks (on trailers) most of the afternoon. I didnt see that truck but damn it is amazing the stupidity i did see. I love getting passed on the inside of a blind corner by a super duty with a trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mebedb1

Reaction
We were heading from SF to Contingency, Wed. morning, west of Ojos in the tight twisty section,
and had a Maroon Dodge w/trailer towing a Bronco/Blazer heading to SF area, and this guy/gal decided to utilize the inside corner of our lane and damn near Killed 5 of us. missed us by inches.
Also had the dreaded Semi's Southbound on the 1 in or lane a time or 2.
The race course,... that was the easy part!

Tipracer

Reaction
Cant say Ive been an angel in my 20 years but I have learned to slow down, way down. I had to be in San Felipe from Ensenada no later than 1pm at this last 1000, which is why I left at 8am...

Missed you again... I was at rm195 pitting...one of these years buddy

BoBearSki

Reaction
So I was approached by a gentleman in San Felipe on Saturday night who saw this go down and captured the picture above. I posted it out on Instagram and a few hours later I had the name of the owner of the truck and race team. I let them know how I felt about their idiot drive of that chase rig. It was a HORRIBLE place to pass... the road was barely wide enough for one semi driver... he gave me the go around signal as the road improved and out of nowhere this jack wagon attempted to shoot past my 34 ft trailer and Beast of a rig. He got punted and sent off the road around 40 mph. Would have been WAY worse if we were all up to speed. I had no idea he was behind me...the 2 other TSCO vehicles to my rear, said he nearly wrecked passing them as well.
This was Friday afternoon, after the race. heading north. There was no need to endanger lives like that. I sure hope the owner of the team never lets this driver into Baja again. He doesn't belong. (Canadian UTV team)

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Missed you again... I was at rm195 pitting...one of these years buddy
I was up 30 miles from you at rm225. We did pit 1 for 276. He went down with a broken alternator right before you at rm190

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
I hope the guy driving is in the clink and his truck is in impound. It's ridiculous to think that fellow racers/support have no regard for eachother or the locals. So many people work endless hours putting on safe events, helping others, just to have some peckerhead jeopardize all of that on the highway. I can't imagine wadding up one of our team trucks and having to face the team.

ACME

Reaction
You should have seen all the turds on the SF side chasing during the race. Multiple chase trucks, Raptors etc for both UTV, car and Truck teams with all their LED bars blazing coming head on or up behind and never shutting them off.

We had one Richard Cranium launching his trailer at speed on the old road section dips before Puertocitos. Dump can went over and spilled and he never lifted.

I can't count how many people at Valle T, San Matais etc. Stopped hard on the road almost causing accidents so they can look for a spot or couldn't ease off the hwy to turn.

UTV team was awesome with their 2 trucks and an enclosed, pacing their car at 20-25 mph in San Matais and drifting all over the road almost causing multiple accidents, while they all watched their car. Need to learn to stay on your side AZ...

Also liked the red Chevy prerunner with white glass and 2 other trucks at the hwy pullout before Playa Grande that dumped all their trash on the ground when leaving. Classy!

Tards seemed to be in force once again...

johndjmix

Reaction
We all know chasing sometimes requires high speeds WHEN THE ROAD IS CLEAR and it’s a relatively safe area for those speeds. The key here is relatively safe. Some of the moves I witnessed were borderline death defying - things I wouldn’t even do in the race truck on a course!

Top move goes to a guy in a van (didn’t look to see if it was Baja or us plates) that decided to pass us and 2 other vehicles on the outiside of a mountain road south of Guerrero Negro. No vehicles passed before him so it was not a radio pass. This was done at 50 mph. If anyone was coming the other way they both would have been dead for sure. I can’t believe someone would take that chance. It just seems nuts! This guy made 100mph passes look safe compared to what he did.

Total Agree with the other guy about after the race, what is reason for aggressive passing after the race has ended?

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Dirty Harry

Reaction
I love getting passed on the inside of a blind corner by a super duty with a trailer.
That may have been my team. If so, I apologize. We had multiple trucks and were in radio communication regarding whether there was traffic ahead, but if the move was unsafe it definitely should not have happened.

desertspeed

Reaction
That may have been my team. If so, I apologize. We had multiple trucks and were in radio communication regarding whether there was traffic ahead, but if the move was unsafe it definitely should not have happened.
Thanks for owning up to it, if it was you guys. That was more of a blanket statement- it happened multiple times and i was not paying attention to the specific teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MasTacos

Reaction
I remember a few years ago driving back up the peninsula and seeing the big black scorch-mark at Chapala Junction where the chase truck crash-and-burn spinal injury for one, killed one and injured one if I recall correctly. All due to unsafe speed and an unsafe pass. I wonder how the driver feels about that incident now, I suspect I know and I 100% and sure I never want to be in the same position)

We all have to go back to work on Monday...

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
We were headed south Wed early afternoon just past Catavina the black PIN box truck with the dry brake on the roof made a move to go around a semi and almost put it in the ditch with one dual off the edge of the pavement when he brought it back the dry brake hit the side of the semi trailer causing him to check up so that the box truck could go by before he killed himself or someone else... 5 miles down the road they were pulled over working on their box truck...lol

Jerry B

Reaction
Seen to many dead in Mexico races. No reason for it.

stewwalker

Reaction
So whats the RDC approved speed for chase trucks?

Also, why don't teams issue "smart keys" to the chase drivers? You can program Ford keys to have a speed limit...

43mod

Reaction
funny thing w this thread is no team member or owner has stepped up yet.