Chassis clean up

dlwilder

RDC Crypto
I would like to know what some of the teams out there use to clean the chassis after the race or is there a product that can be sprayed on the chassis prior to the race to inhibit rust?? were always doing major clean-up after the races due to water. Secondly, if it does rain will they delay the race start??

Tipracer

RDC Crypto
Cosmolean works great at inhibiting rust, just attracts a lot of dust> Have used liberal application of WD40 in the past works ok depending on length of race and amount of water crossings/rain/mud

ndvalium

Rescue Director
RDC Crypto
At the last Henderson SCORE race serveral years ago, we got hit with a monsoon with heavy flooding in the start / finish for the race. Heavy thunderstorms and there was no delay at all. As Sal said on the radio that day and I beleive it holds true, this is desert racing, no rain delays or red flags for weather.

I worked a BITD race last year in this same area with flash floods that put several inches of standing water in the pits - the race went on.

I dont think weather will delay this race and if it happens, at least it will keep the dust down so we can actually enjoy a great race. Be safe all!

Dave

B

Brandon Johnson

We use solvent to clean the car and Penephite for the treatment. It seams to work well for us.

C. Bucher

RDC Crypto
One of the issues with the WD-40 is that it dries quickly and doesn't leave enough of a film on the metal. WD-40 is nice because its fairly cheap, readily available and thin enough that it sprays easily.

A Linseed oil or even a sewing machine oil like what you might find in the aircraft industry. They're used to keep the insides of the tubing from rusting and also are a little less disolvable and take a little longer to dry up and disappear than something like WD-40. However, you'll find that its a little thick and difficult to apply in most cases.

What I've found works best is a mix of WD-40 and an oil like sewing oil or linseed in a spray bottle. A 50/50 mix or even a little less of the oil is best because it will thin out enough that the oil is sprayable. This will last a little longer than just straight WD-40.

trent06

Mush
RDC Crypto
Desert racing is the only sport that runs just about no matter what...And this is why this picture stands true.

WD-40 has always done the trick for us.

Attachments

• DSM1.jpg
    DSM1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 532

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Desert racing is the only sport that runs just about no matter what...And this is why this picture stands true.

WD-40 has always done the trick for us.

Now THATS funny.(the picture)

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
Turtle wax. Use it on all the aluminum too.

How many turtles do I gotta get to wax an average size 4-seater? What size as well? My friend always uses about a dozen small turtles. I hear the medium turtles cost more but work better. If anyone could share how many turtles they use and what size I would really appreciate it.

Ps. If I rub too hard my turtles feet get blisters on them, what do you guys do to prevent that from happening? I already searched for turtle shoes and could only find the cheap sandals from China. Has anyone ever used these on their turtle and do they work?

hammer down racing

RDC Crypto
We have started using WD40 or Marvels Mystery oil and Scotch Brite to get the rust off and Mop n Glo to seal it. The Mop n Glo puts a barrier over the metal and comes off when we pressure wash the car. We haven't had a problem with build up from the Mop n Glo.