• Forum membership has its advantages....

Cheap Paddles? 33x15 Paddles on 5,000 lb truck?

gsuty17

Hey, I found some cheap paddle tires on wheels that will bolt right on my truck but are a little on the small side. There are 2x 33x15 paddle tires on wheels and 2x 33x20 paddle tires that I think I can get for about $350. The problem is they are 3 hours away.

Is it worth the drive or is running that small diameter tire a fools errand on such a heavy truck?

Here is the ad:
Paddle Tires, Bronco and Jeep

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
What kind of hp do you have? What's your rear end ratio?

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
This is for the '79? 2WD SWB? What suspension/body mods? Will these fit width-wise with whatever bed/sides you have?

Looking at the STU description, they're talking big bite for this tire, 33" tall on 18" wide rim. I don't think they are too small, you might even need another 50-75 hp!

Kinda shoots a whole day to go get 'em though. :(

Make sure you want 'em before you invest in that drive, 'cuz you're going to want 'em more after you get there. ;)

(Note: I've only driven in the Oregon Dunes once, found traction better than a dry day at Gordon's Well)

gsuty17

Correct, they will go on the 79. Rear is long travel 4 link. Only original body is the cab, but I will pull the bedsides when running paddles.

When wet, traction is great at the Oregon coast. My truck is a pig though and most of the weight is up front unfortunately.

I just got up here to see them, fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert