Cheap place to buy 4130 plate/sheet?

V8Ranger

RDC Crypto
Yeah, I've been buying it through Aircraft Spruce and I was trying to find someone else who is a little more reasonable priced. Thanks again.

Dave_G

RDC Crypto
Holy smokes Matt!....you mean to tell me that the old man being in the machine shop biz can't score you a good deal on 4130 plate? ;-)

All kidding aside, Aircraft Spruce is the deal for small Qty's. They buy it from EMJ cheap in bulk and resale it at a reasonable price.

Best,
Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

FABRICATOR

RDC Crypto
Ditto to the above replies. When you find it let us know! The only discounts are to quantity. They will all give a discount for that. You might be able to piggyback on someone elses order.

Ironically (and unfortunately for the customer and the store), it doesn't usually matter if your'e a racer (even though you can advertise their name), have cash in hand at their store (so they don't have to deliver or wait for the money), have been buying at their place for years (although this usually gets you better service), or are buying remnants (same price whether they cut it from a new sheet or not). If they treat remnants the same as cutting from new sheets, opt for cutting from new to avoid bent, scratched, or rusty pieces.

<font color=orange>The best ideas are the ones that look obvious to the casual observer.</font color=orange>