• Forum membership has its advantages....

cheaper shocks?

peterhodges

hey chris

yeah i got foa on the back of my yota they seem to work great. 7100s in the front get too hot to touch but the back shocks only get 'pretty hot' even though the exhaust is pointed right at one of them.

that said one the 7100s is already pissing a little oil, have you guys heard of anyone getting one those 2.5 inchers through the stock arms on yota?

Last edited:

xnoregretsx

foa shocks are great
my buddy has some for his f150

they are beefy lookin
they look awesome

i do have a question for you tho chris
when they come out of the box are they charged with nitrogen?
on the website it has the valving settings but im not sure about nitrogen
what would u reccomend for a 10" resi shock

motochris

that said one the 7100s is already pissing a little oil, have you guys heard of anyone getting one those 2.5 inchers through the stock arms on yota?
Honestly no idea. Pull a rear and check fitment. I know of a few Toyota's with our 8" on the front, but they were installed by shops.

motochris

when they come out of the box are they charged with nitrogen?
on the website it has the valving settings but im not sure about nitrogen
what would u reccomend for a 10" resi shock
They do not come charged. PM me with your details on what you need for the 10".

actionj

do you guy make 16" coilovers? where are you located? and what kind of warrenty do they come with? what is the total price with springs? 125 over 250 thanks jacl

motochris

Guys, please PM me with questions concerning pricing and such or check our website.....

The bypasses are close....all the testing is done, we are just working on streamlining the production. I just "test" ordered a custom set to test the guys in tube placement and timeframe. The set I get will get photos taken and get put up on the website. Once that happens, we'll start shipping them.

motochris

We are slowly but surely getting customer feedback on our shocks....wish it was faster coming, but what can ya do.
One of our customers bought some of our reservoir shocks to replace his FOX bypass shocks on his Titan. (something about thieves?)
I asked him how our shocks are comparing to the Fox bypass he had on before, here's his reply...

"I was surprised that the FOAs felt and handle better than my bypasses did. I still need to valve them for a bit less compression. I was at Razor road riding MX last weekend, I put the FOAs to the whoop test, and they sucked them up better then my FOXs did. I will be going to Dumont Dunes in 2 weeks and will try to get some suspension vids of the whooped out section and a few jumps."

Here's the link to the thread page.... http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/showthread.php?p=771289#post771289

:D :D

This "cheap shock" deal is working out better than we expected thus far. Thanks to RACE-DEZERT.com for the thread that led me to all this!

JMiller

I ordered some coil overs with a custom rod end to clear my Axle. They came in the yesterday and thought I would share them with you all. So far I am very impressed with FOA they have great costumer service and are willing to help you get what you need. I would recommend them for sure. I still need to to fab up a shock hoop and install them but I can wait till I get that done and see how they perform.

Test fit to make sure they will clear the axle and A-arm. I still need to move the lower shock mount tabs.

motochris

Yes FOA's are from what I have heard excellent for the price. Good luck.
Thank you VERY much guys, I really appreciate it. We really are trying hard to bring a good quality, affordable shock to everybody.

I've had numerous questions lately concerning what type of piston we use. Here's a few pics to help out. Below you see 3 pistons. From left to right..Fox, King Pre-runner, FOA. Both compression and rebound sides.
The pic of our piston only has 1 bleed hole in it, but the shocks come with pistons with 3 bleed holes. Any questions?

(thank you Offroad-Engineering.com for the Fox/King pics.)

JMiller

The new stuff looks good Chris. I'll have to order a set of piggy backs when I get to the rear of my truck.

Any plans for a 2" bump stop?

MALIBLOC

This was and is a great thread, great customer service there Chris!

motochris

The new stuff looks good Chris. I'll have to order a set of piggy backs when I get to the rear of my truck.

Any plans for a 2" bump stop?
For now, we'll offer an internal spacer that will limit the bump to 2" or 3" if requested. LATER, we'll look at making a dedicated one.