check this video

AzBajaman

Big Az Dad
Reaction
how do you like that for Irony.. they build a boobytrap.. then threaten the poor guy for almost taking out the crowd after he wrecks.

I dont think everyone in the crowd is like that , only a few, think they will have? ya,

Some guy across our pit was digging a hole on one of the 3 lines and the bikes were taking that line, I was having breakfast and I saw this guy digging a trench and I got up and walked over to see what he was doing, mind me i'm a BIG BOY and his buddies told him you better cover that up and I watched them cover it back up and I went and sat down to finish my breakfast, most of these people don't realize what can happen and once a car or bike loses control and hit somone and then it's automaticly the drivers fault.....

Dirtworks Films

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Again, that's why I say screw Mexico. Stay in the states spend your money here. You, don't have to worry about gettin beat up, robbed, rocked (well not nearly as much) or drug lords hovering above you. These people don't deserve our money and I know your gonna say not everybody there is like that and you are right, but there are to many that are.

Bob.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I gotta say nice save!!! Anyone who has had the unfortunate experience of doing a high speed roll knows that there is a certainpoint (just before you go over) when you stop being in control of the car and are just along for the ride. It happens real quick. If at that last moment just before the chaos and carnage begin you can find a way to drive out of it you have done something right, Or are just damn lucky. Either way I call it a win.

So what happened next? He diddn't get jacked of his tire or anything did he?

AzBajaman

Big Az Dad
Reaction
Again, that's why I say screw Mexico. Stay in the states spend your money here. You, don't have to worry about gettin beat up, robbed, rocked (well not nearly as much) or drug lords hovering above you. These people don't deserve our money and I know your gonna say not everybody there is like that and you are right, but there are to many that are.

Bob.

Easy there Bob, Not all people in Mexico are BAD, all the things you mentioned on this post can happen here in the states....If you feel that way about Mexico don't GO or SPEND your money there.........

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Website
DurkaDurkaPhoto.com
.If you feel that way about Mexico don't GO or SPEND your money there.........

I dont think he does.

We watched what we thought was a booby trap around RM83 on the far right of 3 lines. When we checked it out it was just a natural hidden car breaker. There were a group of locals hanging out there and in a very unlocallike fashion they had marked it and warned cars to slow down. I was rather impressed.

ScottyA

Reaction
I've been going since 79 and always do the bottom half to avoid this crap. This year was enough to make me think twice about going back! Traps at every group you came across! They don't like us at all down there any more! I know I'll think long about it before I go Back. Too bad nothing I love more than racing to the bottom of Baja!

SpooNz

Reaction
But, then if you think about it a pretty big % of people are spectators from the states...

harleys dad

Reaction
If you ask me, they looked like a bunch of crazed animals. How low class can people become when sombody crashes. You see the kid climbing on the race car?? He should have been ***** slapped rite off there. I have been going to races most of my life, and the people that watch from down south, completly turn to animals with 0 commin sence, when watching a race!! They looked like a pack of hyenas. I would never in my life time let my children climb on sombodys race car after they crashed!! I have yet to see a crowd in the states behave like that, even as drunk as they get!! I wonder how much was stolen from his car while he was changing his tire??? Sombody is going to die one day from booby traps, and these parisites would strip there bodys of anything of value before anybody with any dignity shows up!! what a mess

CannondaleRider

Reaction
I'm planning on getting into big level desert racing within a few years. I've been giving MUCH thought into it lately, and everyday I see more and more bad stuff.

I believe I've came to the conclusion, that I'll never race south of the border. To much craziness for me..

tuekwik

Reaction
Much of the stuff that happens in Baja also happens here stateside, but for some reason some people like to bash Mexico. I've been going to the races in Baja for a very long time and most of the booby traps that I've seen have been by locals, that sucks a**!!! But there is alot more to the races than the race itself, tech insp is a blast, Papas at night, Paris... sorry, had a thought there:D Going to these races is risky to an extent, but so is crossing the street, my point is be careful and use racing common scence, like someone posted earlier, big group= possible booby trap.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Yeah, i agree the car got out of shape the guy saved it from going on its lid ..... DUMB comment. People that have never raced always make the best computer racers.

Shut up loser:D

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Ok, ok. If it was a booby trap like alot of you guys say Ill def. retract my comment. But to my untrained eye I thought he was trying to put on a show for the locals.

CHROMOLY77

Reaction
i think will start going to the same thing we did before:

1: if you see a big croud slow down
2: if get a flat try not to stop in big crowded areas
3: keep on eye on your stuff

unfortunaly we are getting a lot of people from other states in mexico that are doing all the stupid stuff thats happening right know.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
So in all this blabber, I don't see any mention of what happened to the drivers? That looked like a serious "mob lynch" kind of situation to me! The locals rushed the car, and then jumped on top of it. Are they okay, and how much of their stuff got jacked?

For the record, the guy that jumped on the car deserves an ***-whippin.

xjchaser

Reaction

Bob.

A certain race in Lucerne Valley comes to mind where idiots were chucking beer bottles at the race cars as they came through. There are A**holes everywhere but I would have driven the car down the road a ways befores stopping to change flat if at all possible

Dern y Paulina

Reaction
San Luis Obispo / Pta Banda / Bahia de Los Angeles
This crawling/climbing all over the car thing really bugs me. I saw it in some of the finish line photos too.

This past summer we had our F350 at a rodeo, parked along side with the local cars and trucks, circling the small fenced arena where the bullriding takes place. We walked over to have some dinner and when we returned we found 2 boys having a WWF wrestling match on the hood of our truck. ???? We basically told them to get the **** off of our truck now. Manners and respect for others property seems to be few and far between.

Regarding boobie traps; I don't think the problema is going to stop. Give it a few more years, these boys in the video will be the same ones building the boobie traps. I also don't believe the traps are constructed because the people dislike the racers, but because they want to see carnage. That distructive carnage mentality is going to end up backfiring one day. Maybe it's going to take that happening before those people get the point.

We've been surrounded by locals in years past that have done just the opposite, helped racers out of situations that have gone wrong.

It's a shame that you get a few bad seeds that end up putting a label on all the people of baja.

P.

The Beast

Reaction
hey I have been to glamis and seen plenty of gringos act the same way . it is always the same when you have a big crowd with nothing to do and no sence of athority.