Checkered Flag Airbrush

Erik Irvine

I am getting ready to have my car painted and had a question about sequencing the different paint parts.

We are painting the entire car PPG Torch Red, and I want to have a black/white/grey checkered flag added on the bottom or on the hood. Can I paint the whole car red first, and then take it to get the checkered flag airbrushed on, or should I do something different?

Also, does anybody know someone who can do the checkered flag? Prefferably out of a garage, can't afford Wally World Status

Thanks guys!

Attachments

SROWE

There is a guy in winchester ca name ron willamson that dose great work cheap. Give him a call and you wont be dissapointed

GDRBORETIRED

If I were doing it I'd lay on a white base where the checkers are going and then paint the red. If you are doing part and sending out the rest I'd check with whoevver is doing the final.

Brock_Beeson

paint it red.. decal the flag. airbrushing is too nice for offroad. hours of prep and paint gets wrecked the first mile. a wrap protects the paint and is easy to replace.

Erik Irvine

Does anybody have an example of checkered flag decals??? I am still leaning towards the airbrush, unless they can do some bitchen stuff with those decals. Get my car back from paint next Wednesday!!! I'll post some pictures of the Torch Red paint, before the checkered flag add on.