Checkers @ Off Road Expo

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
3rd Annual Checkers Off Road Giveaway!

Off Road Expo October 5-6, 2002 @ Fairplex, Pomona

Once again the Checkers Off Road Racing Team is set to make someone’s dream come true at the Off Road Expo. In 2000, we presented a brand new Yamaha Banshee to a lucky young man who purchased one five-dollar ticket at the Expo. Last year, we gave away a brand new Yamaha Banshee with a custom trailer to a gentleman who purchased his winning ticket in advance from Checker ½-1600 racer Brian Steele.

For 2002, The Checkers will offer the winning ticket holder their choice of a brand new 2003 Yamaha Banshee OR a brand new 2003 Honda XR400R!

So whether you prefer two or four wheels, the Checkers have what you’re looking for.

Tickets are only $5. Advance sales have already begun, so see a Checker near you or come out to the Off Road Expo this Saturday and Sunday. The drawing will take place on Sunday afternoon at the Expo. Winner need not be present.

Our odds are good. Only 4,000 tickets have been printed and once they are gone no more will be made. All proceeds from the raffle go to Checkers Off Road (non-profit organization) to help support our racing and pitting activities for 2003.

Stop by our booths on Glamis Dunes Trail (spaces 736 & 737) and see why Checkers have been #1 in the Desert for over 28 years.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Reese do you have to present during the drawing to win? My hunch is that you don't. I hope the new Factory Honda and AMA D-37 #1 Checkers member is there Saturday morning. He gets my cash.

PJCinLV

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
You are correct, Pat. Winner need not be present to win. In fact, our last two winners were not present.

Mike will be there as long as he's not racing or prerunning.

Reese

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
Mike,

Tickets are only available from a Checker member.

I'll PM you and we'll work something out.

Thanks for asking,

Reese

Stan

Reaction
I will be buying the winning ticket Saturday morning, right?

I'm not here, nor was I here, nor will I ever be here.

Stan

Reaction
The XR.

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
The Third Annual Checkers Off Road Expo Raffle was won by Jeff Quinn of McKenzies Performance Products.

Thanks to everyone that bought tickets. Your support is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Reese King, VP
Checkers Off Road

Stan

Reaction
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

The Third Annual Checkers Off Road Expo Raffle was won by Jeff Quinn of McKenzies Performance Products.

Thanks to everyone that bought tickets. Your support is greatly appreciated!

<hr></blockquote>

I smell setup!!!!!!
Another vendor winning the raffle? Redraw!!!!!

Really liked your booth and thanks for contributing to the good time I had.

Stan

Reaction

BTW, Jeff purchased $100 worth of tickets.

<hr></blockquote>

OUCH!!!!!!!! That's stiff competition.

RacnCPA

Reaction
Hey racers and vendors won all the prizes at the CORDR booth. REASON - they are the ones that cracked open their wallets to buy the tickets.

Reese you did an awesome job of selling tickets and promoting the event. Seeley was cool being out in the isle way helping herd em in. I was impressed and congratulate you on the success of your raffle. I did come back and buy more tickets too. And I would not have accepted the prize.

Sc

Stan

Reaction

Hey racers and vendors won all the prizes at the CORDR booth. REASON - they are the ones that cracked open their wallets to buy the tickets.

<hr></blockquote>

Well, I spent what I could afford on raffle tickets which was far less than $100. I don't care who won and more power to the one's who can afford to drop that kind of change on raffle tickets.
Now if that's the kind of appreciation I get from a representive of an organization just because I could afford $1, you can take the $1 I spent at your booth for the ticket and send it to the Checkers group.

grt

Checkers *********
Reaction
Setup, you say. Ha! I've been a Checker for over 20 years and bought $125.00 in raffle tickets. Then I sent Rod Hall in to draw the winning ticket and I have been his manager for 15 years. If it had been a setup, the cards were certainly stacked in my favor and still he picked Quinn.

Gloom!

On the other hand, at my age either the bike or the quad would have probably caused me serious injury so maybe I was a winner after all....

Jahahahahaha

Thanks to all who bought tickets and thans to Reese King, our VP, for another job well done.

grt

Jack

Reaction
If the only reson you gave 1$ is to win the prize and not to suport the cause, then keep your 1$. You seem to miss the point of why the prizes were donated to begain with, is to raise even more money then they are worth.

Stan

Reaction

If the only reson you gave 1$ is to win the prize and not to suport the cause, then keep your 1$. You seem to miss the point of why the prizes were donated to begain with, is to raise even more money then they are worth.

<hr></blockquote>

Whatever!!! I didn't give a dollar just to win cause I knew I wouldn't, that's all I had to give and wanted to support the cause. But if this is the kind of flippin appreciation for supporting the cause with what I can afford, then I'll go find an organization that appreciates all the help, even from us broke mofos.