Chenowth is Back!

NIKAL

Reaction
Today at the MDR Drawing Party at Fiber-Tech in Santee it was announced that Chenowth Products is back! They had two Chenowth Explorer 4 seat cars on display. The Chenowth Explorer is the full size 4 seat beam car that Chenowth was making before. There have been some upgrades to this chassis like making the chassis wider, eliminating the rear torsion housing and making the rear trailing arm pivot heimed. Also on display was the Chenowth class 11 VW cage.

Current Chenowth products avalible are;
2 and 4 seat Explorer chassis in either mild steel or chromoly
9" wider chromoly front beam
3X3 chromoly rear heimed trailing arms with either stock VW stub axles or Micro stubs
The original class 11 VW roll cage
Fiberglass hoods for both the Explore and Exodus chassis.

The next chassis to be brought back will be the Chenowth Exodus A-arm 4 seat car with rear 3X3 trailing arms or optional 5 link.

Fiber-Tech will be the official distributor for all Chenowth Products. For more information regarding Chenowth call Fiber-Tech at (619) 448-0221. Also the Chenowth Racing Products website will be up and running in a few weeks.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
good to hear.Chenowth was a great company and has always built good products.
Today at the MDR Drawing Party at Fiber-Tech in Santee it was announced that Chenowth Products is back! They had two Chenowth Explorer 4 seat cars on display. The Chenowth Explorer is the full size 4 seat beam car that Chenowth was making before. There have been some upgrades to this chassis like making the chassis wider, eliminating the rear torsion housing and making the rear trailing arm pivot heimed. Also on display was the Chenowth class 11 VW cage.

Current Chenowth products avalible are;
2 and 4 seat Explorer chassis in either mild steel or chromoly
9" wider chromoly front beam
3X3 chromoly rear heimed trailing arms with either stock VW stub axles or Micro stubs
The original class 11 VW roll cage
Fiberglass hoods for both the Explore and Exodus chassis.

The next chassis to be brought back will be the Chenowth Exodus A-arm 4 seat car with rear 3X3 trailing arms or optional 5 link.

Fiber-Tech will be the official distributor for all Chenowth Products. For more information regarding Chenowth call Fiber-Tech at (619) 448-0221. Also the Chenowth Racing Products website will be up and running in a few weeks.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Very happy to hear this!!!!

241rivmasta

Reaction
All those people from downunder wanting the Chenowth product you can call or PM me as l am the agent down here. I would also like to thank Chenowth for thier sponsorship along with Mendeola of Luke Erceg in Pro Class. The car has worked flawlessly straight out of the box with two top ten finishes in the last two Aussie nationals. Also Shannon Rentsch is equal first in the championship in his Chenowth going into the last round of our series backing up from his 1st place from last year.

Attachments

fusionoffroad

Reaction
awsome a staple in the offroad comunity is back. Good to have one of the originators of what we all love so moch going again.

Ratedxmo

Reaction
Very cool to hear! If we need new fiberglass pods for our Millenium will Fiber-Tech have the molds?? We have 2 sets but its always good information to have.
Thx.
Yep, We have all the Molds for the Millenium.

Any of you with DR2 cars we have your molds also!

Thanks!
Erik@ Chenowth Racing Products

BuzzChaser

Reaction
How is it that this was such a secret?

1fastbean

Rookie
Reaction
Great news and glad to hear one of the true innovators of the sport is not dead. Chenowth was building the Desert Patrol Vehicle (DPV) for the Navy Seal's and was wondering who is constructing them now since their hiatus? Anyone?

charlie_brown

Reaction
i must be a lame **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** but were they gone for a while? glad there back from being gone.

Perfect Race

Reaction
Thanks for the info. I am one little 'a pillar' panel short of a complete second body for my car. I will probably use it and get it wrapped sometime. My race car is number 026 it was built in about 1988. I also have my buddys (Ryan Ellerman) DR2 in my shop. I borrowed it to for my wife to pre run Powder Puff. It is number 162, the last one Chenowth made while Mike was still around. There is also a bunch of the military cars sitting on the Yermo base out by Barstow. I always ask my friend that works at the base about them, they will probably come up for auction one day.

Fourstroker

Reaction
This is great news. I was just in my Dad's DR2 a couple hours ago and he needs new fibreglass bad.

usmcgunrock

Reaction
Great news and glad to hear one of the true innovators of the sport is not dead. Chenowth was building the Desert Patrol Vehicle (DPV) for the Navy Seal's and was wondering who is constructing them now since their hiatus? Anyone?

The Navy scrapped that program.