Chenowth Mini Mag

I am looking for Chenowth Mini Mag parts. These cars were produced with the Yamaha 570cc Exciter snowmobile motor. They also had a transmission which was unique to these vehicles. If anyone knows of any cars or parts for sale, I would appreciate all leads. We have a few of these cars and are always looking for parts.

Right now, I have a great need for a transmission.

thanks,
Ed

[email protected]

They have not been able to give me any productive leads. But I have gotten some chassis parts and fabricated suspension pieces from Mike and Eric at Mike's Metalworks in El Cajon. The transmissions are impossible to find. But with many of these cars being produced, they must be out there somewhere. I keep hearing of some being stored in people's garages. But I have not been able to find any. Nor have I been able to find a suitable transmission of another manufacturer that I can adopt in to the chassis without too much modifications.

So I am just pleading for leads if anyone knows anything.....

billymanfroy

Can't really help you, but we have a stretched water-cooled one sitting in the other side of our shop and it has been for a while. My bro raced it at Hawthorne (VORRA) last summer and quit early because the trans couldn't find a gear.

It's not a land-ski motor anymore...

Would you like some billet uprights for the rear suspension? We couldn't find squat after the car's owner killed one so we machined him some new ones.

Billy

Fourstroker

I am looking for Chenowth Mini Mag parts. These cars were produced with the Yamaha 570cc Exciter snowmobile motor. They also had a transmission which was unique to these vehicles. If anyone knows of any cars or parts for sale, I would appreciate all leads. We have a few of these cars and are always looking for parts.

Right now, I have a great need for a transmission.

thanks,
Ed

[email protected]
PM Sent - I know some one that has (2) Complete running cars for sale

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
I just got the RPM(Roberto) gearbox for my street bike motor swap into the rhino. It is awesome and Dan is a great guy.:D

The Quaife box required too many modifications to work. It may be a superior design with a great differential. But I just could not see redesigning the chassis of the car to make it work.

I just got off the phone with Dan and it looks like he will build me a trans. Dan was a very pleasant guy to talk to and knew what I wanted and was willing to build the box for my car. It is so nice to talk to someone who is willing to help you. I look forward to running his trans in my car. Thanks to all that gave me leads. Hopefully, I can find parts for the rest of the car, or may even another car.

Last edited:

Fourstroker

. Thanks to all that gave me leads. Hopefully, I can find parts for the rest of the car, or may even another car.
Ed, I talked to my buddy this morning. He will be contacting you soon and both cars are still for sale

He called and left a message. I was away and could not respond in a timely manner. I will call him on Monday, his time. Thanks for getting him to call me.

Ed

Can't really help you, but we have a stretched water-cooled one sitting in the other side of our shop and it has been for a while. My bro raced it at Hawthorne (VORRA) last summer and quit early because the trans couldn't find a gear.

It's not a land-ski motor anymore...

Would you like some billet uprights for the rear suspension? We couldn't find squat after the car's owner killed one so we machined him some new ones.

Billy
Hey Billy, are you still around. We would be interested in those rear billet uprights. I know its a long shot but was reading through these old forums. Let me know thanks. 714-606-7277