Chet Huffman's TT/Class 1 car

RDC Crypto
I saw Chet Huffman's Trophy Truck at Laughlin. It was John Marking's Jimco that had a TT body. Does anybody have any photos of him at Laughlin? I have been looking at Voyles new TT/buggy and Chet's TT/buggy. Maybe a new trend? Lighter, better manueverability in the technical areas, less hp/ to weight ratio.. Any photos or comments on Chets new TT/buggy?

streamline

RDC Crypto
I was talking to them out at the glen helen race. I Think they can easily change from truck to buggy with very little work. It just gives them more options.

Attachments

• Huffman_05491.jpg
    Huffman_05491.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 932
  • Huffman_05493.jpg
    Huffman_05493.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 582
  • Huffman_05494.jpg
    Huffman_05494.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 691

J_Lothringer

RDC Crypto
streamline said:
I was talking to them out at the glen helen race. I Think they can easily change from truck to buggy with very little work. It just gives them more options.

In SCORE once truck always a truck can't go back to a buggy.

streamline

RDC Crypto
J_Lothringer said:
In SCORE once truck always a truck can't go back to a buggy.

Bummer, I like it as a class 1.

Attachments

• Marking_7296.jpg
    Marking_7296.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 491
  • Marking_7300.jpg
    Marking_7300.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 530

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
RDC Crypto
so wait, so that car/truck can never be raced in class 1 again? even if someone else bought it? so a truck like voyles's new one could never run class 1 if it started as i TT?

RDC Crypto
Jeff, are you sure about that SCORE rule? Seems if a car is class 1 legal it should be able to race. Seems like some of these rules are for power and not for the goodness of the entire race body! (racers)

RDC Crypto
Streamline, thanks for the Huffman photos.....looks good as a truck and a buggy! I guess you can race it class 1500 (SCORE class 1) in BITD and TT in SCORE or any combination in any other organization.

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
RDC Crypto
I think Jeff L. may be onto something.....Maybe SCORE made that rule to keep TT's (bodyless) out of CL1..I remember this being an issue about 10yrs ago....I could also be wrong and just blowing pink colored smoke up your butt...

Tony_Barraza

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Brad-

The body on Huffman's TT came from Trailer Products. Contact Larry or Roger there - 951.654.7334.

Good luck!

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
of course its a trend ! everybody wants to be like Robby ... c'mon

:p

personally , i dont like the looks of it .. wish it were in class one once again.

Toykeeper

RDC Crypto
The original idea was to be able to run it as both a truck or a buggy because we were going to run CORR and wanted to race 2 classes. We also were going to run SCORE as a Truck and BITD as a buggy because of qualifying. It turns out it is as quick with the body as without and CORR doesn't appear that they will run desert cars at Chula Vista. It will remain a truck. We did have trailer products make a custom body, of which we own the molds and rights to. We will sell bodys to who ever wants them. Yeah it looks a little wierd but the idea was to keep the aerodynamics of the buggy chassis by letting the air pass through the fender area to eliminate the lift associated with a TT hood. As far as why we went to this car, it is less to maintain, prep and is faster and handles better then our previous vehicles. It was more of a issue to simplify our race program, and have a car that might actually finish instead of constantly breaking stupid stuff.
Hope this clears up any questions, feel free to contact me if there are more.

stealth

RDC Crypto
What's up with the"trend" and be like Robby comment?????????????
wish it were class 1 again? Buy it and change it back if it bothers you!

Sounds like Chet is on the cutting edge of offroad racing! "embrace change" and new ideas..............don't diss him. Personally, I think Huffman, Dondell, and Voyels are starting/trying a good thing!

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
RDC Crypto
personnally, i am not for it or against it. i feel that a team should race in whatever class they feel they can compete better in. if they feel a class 1 car w/ a truck body can compete with the TT(which they can) let them do it...i thought the Huffman car/truck looked pretty cool..i like the body...plus, he wasn't the first to put a truck body on a buggy...Bobby Baldwin ran half of last season in his porter truggy w/ a TT body on it...i know another team was going to do it with a porter PRC1 so they could earn TT points, but decided to wait until the TT was finished

streamline

RDC Crypto
This isn't really somthing new, Fortin raced a single seat buggy w/ an S 10 body, then sold it to Javier Espinosa, I think it was 94 & 95.

Attachments

• classic110.jpg
    classic110.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 520

la2baja

Familia
RDC Crypto
I can't see why a TT without the body on it can't run in class 1 and vice versa. There is no distinct advantage. There are truggies in class 1 which are in fact all the same parts that make a TT less the body. Ivans PPI Toyota (maybe the most famous TT of all time) is a single seat buggy with a body on it. The only limitation in the rule book for the 2 classes is that a TT must have a body that represents the maufacture of the engine. Class one has no such rule, and that is the only thing "as far as I can see" that seprates the classes.