Chevrolet 350 Vortec motor info

Salvador

Reaction
Afteer this last weekend on the CODE's Night race the owner of the truck I chase and myself have been thinking a a new idea (Yes the just rebuild motor die at mile 15), its to put a Vortec 350 motor on the race truck, mostly for reability and low cost motor, but also want to put to the 350 transmission that we have.
Did some one of you have done this set up on there truck?? Im really a Ford Fan so don't now much about the Chevrolet system fo the motor and transmission. I also have thinking on put a Mustang 5.0 with an adapter Pro Truck type. Our goal its a good motor from the local Bone yard and have money to put some mild mods on it.
Thanks for the info

UndercoverFab

Reaction
a powerglide/th350/th400/700r4 chevy transmission will bolt right up to anything from a 4.3liter v6 to a 502 big block and anythign in between, only thing different thats swap related but not bellhousing related is if the flexplate/flywheel is 153/168 tooth or the bolt pattern of the torque convertor is different then that of the flexplate.

Salvador

Reaction
Our concern its about the Computer from the Vortec Motor, do this one also control the transmission, if it does what do we have to modified on ti to work with the 350 transmission??
Thanks

UndercoverFab

Reaction
if it had a 700r4 behind it some of them werent computer controlled, if it has a 4l60e their all computer controlled, but since your using a th350 you dont have to worry about the computer as far as the transmission goes, are you using the factory induction from the vortec engine? or a traditional carburetor? i assume you know if your putting a carburetor on it you dont need any of the harness or computer just a carb intake and aftermarket distributor, even eaiser would be an heionly takes one wire to light that off.

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Using a TH350 instead of a TH400 will not save you money.