Chevy 1500 4WD arms

Ryno

Anyone know if anyone makes upper arms for the old (88-98) K1500's? A friend of mine wants to put more distance between the stops, and give it anything he can, without a lift. If he is fooling himself, please let me know...I heard a while back that CST made arms for them....Thanks

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

John Bitting

Administrator
The hottest thing I have seen is on a guy who works for Team Gordon in Anaheim. He relocated arms just a little made the lower arm so its an inch forward so he clears 35's on the back of the fender/cab and it works good and sits close to stock.. Its a yellow crew cab.

tkr

I'm pretty sure Kartek has something in the works. Other than that, no one I know of makes anything...and I've been looking for 4 years....

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

jeff

The Baja Shop built a really nice 1999+ version for a new Silverado. It used a coilover instead of the torsion bars and ran custom arms. It was really clean and the guy has already given it the "GLAMIS" seal of approval. It cycles around 11" inches and from what I saw is extremely nice. The pricetag wasn't even that bad. I'm POSITIVE that if the BajaShop (or maybe another shop in the area) were to build a long travel kit for the 88-98 4wd trucks it too would be a hot seller.

Call the Baja Shop at 714.279.0778 for more info.

Aloha

Tony_Barraza

Travis-

You want 4X Ford Long Travel? The boys at H&M have got you covered.

Check it out:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.hnmmotorsports.com/vosey.shtml>http://www.hnmmotorsports.com/vosey.shtml</A>

Now you have no excuses. Hook it up Brother!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Ryno

Jeff-

thanks...I called AJ today...they are out and about on a Friday I'm sure. I can attest to at least 10 guys I know who would kill for a mild long travel kit. I know the CV angles are a big pain, as well as the shock mount. I'll keep everyone posted if I find anything

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

jeff

Ryno-

Actually once you build new arms making everything fit isn't that bad. Longer arms means longer axle shafts in most cases and that eases the angle they must work at. Plus, if you are spending the $$$ to get a longer axleshaft you might as well upgrade to something that has the capability to withstand a higher operating angle. The only bummer is the kit requires a fair amount of fab to install and will never be available in a simple do-it-yourself kind deal like a Rancho or other.

Aloha