Chevy 350 upgrades?

bean dip

Reaction
Can you guys help me? Im looking for upgrades that can be done to my 350 and still be reliable. Please Help me. :D

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Go on summit racing and click on all your specifications. For your year (mine is a 90) 350 they have stuff like: Edelbrock Performer TBI Intake Manifolds, Airaid Throttle Body Spacers, Hypertech TBI Powerchargers, or a JET Six-pack performance chip (legal in California).

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Or if you're going for sound, you can do what I recently did and get some exhaust cutouts. Summit brand Y-Pipes are like 30 bucks each. It's not street legal while the covers are off, but nothing beats the sound of a 350 running open headers (ok, besides the sound of a 8-to-1 header configuration on a 700HP Class 1 :eek:). Of course, you would then have to get a nice set of headers if you don't already have them. I've heard Gibsons are very nice. They run about $600 I believe.

I could put together a shopping list of parts man, my truck is a 1990 C1500 so I know where you're coming from.

RGFan

Reaction
One of the biggest bangs for the buck would be a cam change. Add an intake, exhaust and you are looking at close to 100 hp w/stock heads easily. Beyond that, and you start looking at parts above $1000. Keep in mind depending on your choices, you may need somebody to look at your programming and may need to make some adjustments. Your best bet is to give competition cams a call, let them know exactly what you have, exactly what you are looking to do and they will let you know what to do.

bean dip

Reaction
One of the biggest bangs for the buck would be a cam change. Add an intake, exhaust and you are looking at close to 100 hp w/stock heads easily. Beyond that, and you start looking at parts above $1000. Keep in mind depending on your choices, you may need somebody to look at your programming and may need to make some adjustments. Your best bet is to give competition cams a call, let them know exactly what you have, exactly what you are looking to do and they will let you know what to do.
Do you have contact info on them?

casey[unleashed805]

Reaction
the gm 350 is one of the easiest engines to upgrade because there are so many companies out there making parts for the 350 , and there not to expensive to upgrade, you can make alot of power easy with these thing just depends on how much money you want to spend , they also make stroker kits for these engines most common being the 383ci ,, just give use some details on exactly wat you wanna do and im sure some of us engine guru's on here could come up with some good parts for you,,,