Chevy 5.3l Exhaust Options

DesertGuy1

Reaction
Started looking into different exhaust options for a Chevy 5.3l on a buggy and have seen 3 commonly used "models": The dual header, a small muffler exiting to a single exhaust and a larger muffler (horizontal) exiting to dual exhausts.

I have used the dual header option but was extremely loud. I was told the smaller muffler model doesnt rob hp but gets equally loud around 3000rpm and the larger model robs 3-4hp but is significantly quieter.

This will be for a stock 5.3l in a buggy and was wondering what folks prefer... and which vendors they prefer (California) to give their money to. Thanks for any insight... and any considerations that I should be concerned about.

idealer

Reaction
2nd Richards! RPM rocks

DesertGuy1

Reaction
Thanks for the replies. RPM was the first place I spoke with since they seemed to have decent reviews. Unfortunately, I was set back by their lack of customer service when speaking with them, being bounced around from person to person and ultimately being dished off to a worker that was.... well, less than helpful. Perhaps it was a fluke or they were just having a bad day, it happens. At any rate, went with another vendor and should be picking it up later in the week. Once again, thanks for the input.

5.3Ranger

Reaction
Who sells flanges for a 5.3/ls in order to build custom headers? Thanks

rpmrich

Reaction
To DesertGuy1:

I want to personally apologize if you felt that you were bounced around from person to person when you contacted my shop. That is definitely not the norm. I personally do all of the quotes when it comes to the custom headers, and most likely wasn't there when you called. I again apologize for any inconvenience that you had.

Anything I can do to help you out in the future, please do not hesitate to give me a call at the shop (760)758-7600, whether it be headers, getting parts, or pointing you in the right direction.

Richard