• Forum membership has its advantages....

chevy coilovers

bajaboy

I know Supertrucks makes a "bolt-on" ( you still have to weld some) long travel coil-over kit for 99 and newer 2wd chevy full sizes , all you got to do is tell them what coil-over your getting and they supply the hoop . Do any of you guys know if they ever made a "bolt-on" long travel coil-over kit for the 98 and older 2wd models ? They have the one with stock shock mounts , but I've never seen a coil-over one ? Is there another shop out there thats making a coil-over chevy kit for the 98 and older models ? Just want to upgrade with out paying a custom fab price

Thanks, bajaboy

John Bitting

Administrator
No, not to my knowledge. You cannot not have a truly bolt on kit with the coil bucket that is on the older chevys. I have looked into every possible option available..

Steve_HKmtrsprts

It is almost impossible to do a bolt on coil-over kit for those trucks. You have to get rid of the coilbucket that is part of the frame rail. So there is a lot of torching and plating in that job. I've heard that it's been done but never seen it. Last time I talked to a friend that worked at Plank Motorsports some time ago, they said they were doing late model Chevy R&D but I don't know if SI Motorsports took over the job now. Try calling them.

The difference between men and boys is the Speed of their Toys

bajaboy

SI , good idea, they got some nice stuff going on there , Do you have their number ?

Thanks, bajaboy

Greg

Try Eric at Black Market Fab in Vegas, he has a very nice coil-over srt-up for those trucks , send me a message for his #

Greg