chevy d max power steering leaking

Zac Reish

Reaction
It seems as if power steering fluid is leaking from beneath where the master cylinder and the booster pump sandwich together. is there a seal or o ring that just needs to be replaced or is this a major repair with a lot of tools and parts.

DNPHOTO

Reaction
Man...steering problems on a CHEVY Duramax truck???

I have less than 40k on my (bone stock) 05 2500. I have replaced the steering pump once, the intermediate shaft once...and the lower steering bushing TWICE. I hate the steering on these trucks.

Sorry I can't help with your question, but I had to post...my steering issues started coming back today and I can't wait to go through all of this again. If the dealer can't solve the problem, I don't know what to do next.

DEZDAD1

Reaction
Never had the pump leaking but have had the steering shaft problem for years 2004 2500 hd..I'm
on my second set of front wheel bearings both sides first time 50,000 and then again @ 102,000.Chevrolet
said sorry oversize tires .. Napa has ones that are half the price and come with a warranty..About
2 weeks ago the water pump is starting to leak.. dealer wants $975.00 to change..

MesaKrew

Reaction
Im a Tech at the local Chevy dealer. The leak is almost gauranteed to be the hydro boost lines. they run from the p/s pump to the hydro booster. not to hard to change with the right tools as long as you take the fender liner out and remove the turbo pipe thats right there

Zac Reish

Reaction
what is the right tool i need? And thankyou for the reply. It is still leaking.

johnnyweb

Reaction
Common problem, I have a few buddies that have had the same things happen to there H.D. steering. FYI Better keep watch on the tie rod ends too they will break with very little stress on them. Probably best to buy one know and put it under your seat or something. It might just be Carma enough to prevent them from breaking.

MesaKrew

Reaction
True on the tie rods as well. The biggest thing would be a set of crows foot line wrench sockets if you can find them. Tomorrow at work I will pull out all the tools I use and inventory them and then pass it on to you. Any other chevy questions feel free to ask. I will answer to best of my ability. Hope I can be of some help to all you Bow Tie owners

MesaKrew

Reaction
Two questions, can you take a pic of the leak and how many miles does your truck have?