Chevy experts?

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
So, is there any chevy techs our experts in the late model trucks amongst the RDC crew? I have a question. Hopefully someone mioght be more in the know on the subject I am. I have a 2000 chevy s10 2.2L there seems to be alot of things on this truck that are not on many other 2000 2.2L s10s. my Hanes manual doesnt cover them or has a completely different set up. Whats the deal with this? In particular two things so far i have found recently. 1) there is a fuel chingadera on the passenger side of the engine that has an in and out line and electrical that comes from the fuel filter and goes through this thing and to the fuel rail. also the fuel filter is diffeerent the a "regular" 2.2 s10. Also, my slave cylinder is inside my transmission case in the manual its out on the side of the case. Anyone with any explanation on why or whats up with my truck?

Thanks,
Gregg

ntsqd

Reaction
Can't help witht he fuel part Q.

The clutch slave cyl is an Annular type. Tilton was the first to offer such a part for racing, at least that I know of. Ford has used them for the last several years. Jeep has too. Advantage is that it elims some linkage since the t/o bearing rides directly on the hyd piston of the slave cylinder.

FABRICATOR

Reaction
The Haynes manual is the real mystery. There is no comparison to Haynes, Chiltons, etc. and the factory service manuals. They are OK for a once in a while tinkerer, but if you want to know your vehicle, find some factory manuals.