Chevy Fullsize ball joints

desertracer

Reaction
Just a simple question and hopefully a simple answer. Just re-did the upper ball joints on my truck,(96' silverado with fabtech upper arms) and was wondering what is the correct side for the ball joint to go in on. Do they drop in through the top or get sucked up through the bottom? Anybody know? How much does it matter? Have not driven it yet just want to check to make sure I did it right.

MDR #112

Kbach66

Reaction
If I remember correctly from my S-10 days....they go on the bottom face of the upper a-arm to increase that famous fabtech down travel (S-10 down travel was limited by frame/upper arm clearance). I think stock was riveted on top, and fabtech directions were bolted to the bottom. BUT...it's been a while so I could be mistaken and I'm not 100% sure if fullsize was the same. Ok....now that I typed all that out, I realize it probably doesn't help...but maybe it will. : )

desertracer

Reaction
I am not sure which way is better for down travel vs up travel or what the problems will be if I do run them through the top and they need to be on the bottom or vice versa. Don't want my front end to come apart on me so just thought I would check. Anybody else know for sure?

MDR #112

desertracer

Reaction
Got it all figured out now, no need for any more advice, for now at least.
Thanks though

MDR #112