Chevy/gmc c notch with c85 deavers

DEZRT GM

Reaction
Hey hey Race Dezert I’m currently doing a c notch on my GMC Sierra, I was just wondering any advice info while doing my c notch. Mainly the best way to make the plate on the bottom of the notch. The frame has been boxed behind where the notch will go currently. My truck currently has c85 deavers BMS shackles and gmr rear relocating hangers in the rear with a 2.5 x 18 king triple bypass any advice would greatly help. Thanks!

Attachments

BTFfabrication

Reaction
If your not totally comfortable fabricating the c notch plates yourself, bell tech (the lowering company) has a decent c notch for these model trucks. Just worked on the rear of a Silverado that had a set that was previously installed. They were made pretty well; it fit tightly enough to be fully welded but they are made to be bolt on with bosses through the frame. Its an option that you might wanna look into.

DEZRT GM

Reaction
If your not totally comfortable fabricating the c notch plates yourself, bell tech (the lowering company) has a decent c notch for these model trucks. Just worked on the rear of a Silverado that had a set that was previously installed. They were made pretty well; it fit tightly enough to be fully welded but they are made to be bolt on with bosses through the frame. Its an option that you might wanna look into.
I feel comfortable doing it just was curious on how I should burn the bottom plate in as far as do I use the edges and weld it in on the bottom or do I build a little edge and weld more on the out side of the frame?

BTFfabrication

Reaction
If you fit up all your plates and burn it edge to edge, it will look a little cleaner. But really it’s all personal preference and how good you are at fitting platework. Both style joints look good if executed well.

Bert is my name

Reaction
Make sure to use fish plates or overlays to spread the load. Don't rely on the welds to hold it together.

RD_McG

Reaction
so how did this work out ? interested in doing near the same setup, on a 2000 chevy.