Chevy/GMC pre-runner?

WRC

Reaction
Just bought a 2003 GMC Sierra ½ ton reg. cab. I’m looking for pics of similar trucks set up “low” with 35’s. And some info would be great to. (i.e. glass, susp., ect.) It’s been a long time since I’ve dealt with a GM so any help is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• 60656-03gmc01.JPG
    60656-03gmc01.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 503

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Here's a pic of one that's "LOW" with 37s

Might be a little too low and too much. But they do make some bitchin kits for your truck.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I thought that truck didn't even work, but just looked good. Something about the suspension hitting the frame?

sirhk100

Reaction
When I saw it at SEMA they flat out said they wouldn't run the setup they had on it in the dirt cause it probably wouldn't hold up. It was "pure show" to demonstrate what their shop capabilities were but they had a setup that they did use on it.

TDORSloppy

Reaction
According to the Big Guy at CST, he said the Billet wishbone wasn't ready for SEMA but its on the truck now and as soon as he has some time he'll be running it at some upcoming events.

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Just to clarify the aluminum arms on chris's truck are what were questionable.They were built for sema,it has tubular steel arms now.

sirhk100

Reaction
When I talked to him at SEMA he was talking about the front control arms. They were some BITCHIN looking CNC billit arms but they looked more suitable for a glamis buggy, not a truck. He agreed and said that they were building some or had some other ones that would be on it for reals and that those were just "show" pieces.

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Well I guess I better get my facts straight then. I saw Chris last week and forgot to ask him what was up with it.

sirhk100

Reaction
I could be wrong, I'm going totally off memory from SEMA last year so don't quote me on that stuff.

In_the_works

Reaction
I thought I read somewheres that they had trouble with the rear cantilever setup on that CST truck?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I know when it was in Kartek there was marks on the driveshaft from it hitting the wishbone.....

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Last time he was in my shop he said they had already built new front upper and lower arm,I know nothing about the rear.

sirhk100

Reaction
At SEMA I remember them having control arms similar to these from Tatum but they were even thinner. If I remember right they had some billit lower arms on the rearend too...

Check the attachment... Unfortunately that was the only photo of it I got at SEMA.... Can't really see [daddy didnt love me]!!!

Attachments

• 60719-DSCF0177.JPG
    60719-DSCF0177.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 370

WRC

Reaction
Good question, I should have been more clear
The best way to describe what I want is "wanna-be". It's my everyday driver and the most off-road it will ever see is a dirt road.

Timberwlf

Reaction
Ive got a 2003 GMC Sierra x-cab and its my daily driver as well.(only sees dirt roads at slower speeds)..I went with the fabtech 2wd 6in lift and in all honesty it has worked great..i got the lift for like 1300 bucks and am running 33s. I wouldnt even come close to beating on it (thats what the ranger is for) but for daily driver and light offroad it has worked great...defintly makes the truck look better to

Later
Brandon