Chevy s10/v6 for class 7200?

phorensic

RDC Crypto
Website
digital-addiction.net
grantdcol said:
Something to always keep in mind is the inverse relationship between reliability and horsepower. Yes, 3,000 HP can be had from a big block, but only for about 5 seconds!

Phorensic - an engine swap to a different manufacturer is a lot bigger deal than changing a head gasket!

-Colin

You obviously haven't worked on a 3.0! It's a major undertaking to change the headgasket and requires special service tools. 185ft.lbs. of torque isn't pushing my 3200lb truck well either. Did some research lately and it's going to be easier to swap in a v8 than a 4.3. Broke the motor mount prerunning the MORE Barstow course so now that motor swap is looking more attractive.

Advertising supports this site

phorensic

RDC Crypto
Website
digital-addiction.net
Because the 3.4 has no aftermarket to make big power. The only aftermarket is the TRD supercharger and I don't feel like losing $2K for marginal power gains. The SBC is so universally accepted that it's easy to get a wide range of power levels out of it without spending extravagent amounts of money. Hell, just stock a SBC will put out TWICE the power of my 3.0. Meaning I can pick up a junkyard special and put custom headers on it to fit my engine bay and leave it STOCK while still getting twice the power.

scottm

RDC Crypto
Website
www.cemaz.com
phorensic, I personally think everything that moves should get a sbc in it. Is your truck 2wd or 4wd? Advance adapters probably has an adapter plate to the trans. How long the trans will last is another issue.

phorensic

RDC Crypto
Website
digital-addiction.net
Yes, Advance Adaptors makes a bellhousing that mates any SBC to my R150F transmission (v6, 4wd). How long the transmission lasts is a good question. My transmission is the basis of the supra transmission, and I know those things are good for at least 500rwhp. If I baby it, I expect to get at least a year of use out of it. At which time I should have enough money to swap in an NV4500 and get the adaptor to bolt my transfer case back in. I think I will break my stock 8" before the transmission however.

Advertising supports this site

milestonemotorsports

RDC Crypto
how about the chevy LFX 3.6 v6 325 hp from a motor that weighs 350lbs now that chevy offers it in the colorado its a legal motor

scottm

RDC Crypto
Website
www.cemaz.com
Yes, a heck of a bump. I started this futile thread about the v6, and you could say I went a different route since march 05..