chevy wheel bearings

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Can someone tell me if this sounds like a wheel bearing problem please? On the passenger front wheel i have a little bit of play in thetire. I can shake it a very small amount in the top to bottom and back to front direction. I can not see any where else it would be loose at so i believe its the wheel bearing. I havent taken off the cap yet so i dont know if i can tighten it or what. Are wheel bearings made to be tightened? If yoiu dont think its the wheel bearing what do you think it might be? Any help would be awsome cause i dont want what happened to my buddy to happento me bearing seizing at 80 going down the 15 at magnolia and crossing all 4 lanes with little to no brakes.

thanks
Gregg

JOSH

Reaction
back when I had fabtech on the good old s-10 I had a front wheel bearing go out on me at high speed, take off your caps and check your bearings, they should be snug but not to tight. if your alignment is off fix that ASAP also check you camber, its not cool when that bearing goes. you lose your brakes (good old abs)...scary

AZmiik

Reaction
When you tighten a wheel bearing get it nice and snug and then back off about a 1/4 turn. Spin the wheel and make sure it spins freely.

Mike