Chlt coke 600

RojoOjoRacin

Reaction
I'm all about the #17 team....
SO I say Matt Kenseth for the win... Or any team but 48 & 24 will do

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
Stewart or Newman. Both of them were very strong in the all-star race.

This race is mostly about equipment/tuning, and Hendrick and Stewart-haas are the best at that in my opinion.

RGFan

Reaction
Stewart or Newman. Both of them were very strong in the all-star race.

This race is mostly about equipment/tuning, and Hendrick and Stewart-haas are the best at that in my opinion.
Stewart-Haas Racing = Hendrick North

Ryan_P

Reaction
Stewart-Haas Racing = Hendrick North
Hendrick engines and chassis', ex-Hendrick engineers as Crew Chiefs, access to Hendrick data = Hendrick 2

Don't get me wrong, Stewart-Haas is leaps and bounds better than last year, but look at what why that is. Proof is in the pudding. Plus, ole' Rick doesn't mind giving Tony the best equipment because just as it showed, the first person he thanked was Rick and Hendrick Motorsports after the All-Star win. Plus, he was handed a phone before he got out of the car at was talking to Rick!

Regardless, I'm gonna go with the 48 for the win.

NicksTrix

Reaction
yates racing= roush east. same engines, same chassis,same engineering, former roush crew chief... still can't get the job done. this also comes very much down to the guy holding the wheel and pushing the pedal to the right.
obviously tony & ryan can get up on the wheel and drive a smart race and it shows.
it takes a total package to be successful at this level of the game.

RGFan

Reaction
yates racing= roush east. same engines, same chassis,same engineering, former roush crew chief... still can't get the job done. this also comes very much down to the guy holding the wheel and pushing the pedal to the right.
obviously tony & ryan can get up on the wheel and drive a smart race and it shows.
it takes a total package to be successful at this level of the game.
True, but the Roush satelite programs have never had real success, compared to Roush. RG has called out Jack in the past and said the only team Roush would share all of his info with is his own team and the results reflect that. Bobby Labonte is a former Cup Champion, no slouch by any stretch. While driver talent does play a legit role, If you are going to be a sattelite team of a Mega team, you need a Mega team that is willing to truly help you. From the results, it looks like Hendrick is willing to do so and Roush is not. Gibbs was the same way as Roush.

With that being said, I am sure Hendrick Motorpsorts recieved some kind nudging from GM since GM has a vested interest in TS having success. I am sure a Roush Satelite team would have similar success if Ford was serious about that team being a true contender.

NicksTrix

Reaction
RGF- there is so much that goes on behind closed doors that play into these things none of us know about.
from personality conflicts, egos- (driver, crew chief, engineers), power struggles and so on.

why would jack share his info with RG? there is bad blood there. sure he was using a engine out of his shop that year, but that was a ford deal, not his. that was never a A tier program to start with. RGM didn't have a roush chassis or body so what would it to do for him?

roush is sharing info with yates, he's got a vested interest in that deal for reasons easy enough to see. labonte is an ok driver, but really hasn't done anything in years. now paul,that is just another story..

look at the 26 car. all the same parts as the rest. still can't do it, 88 same way over at hms.

anyone catch nascars driver ratings for this week?

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
It's not nearly as short as the last race and if they decide to go 3 wide again, some good cars may get caught and out. I'm gonna look for the 48, 17, 18 and 14 to run strong all day

RGFan

Reaction
RGF- there is so much that goes on behind closed doors that play into these things none of us know about.
from personality conflicts, egos- (driver, crew chief, engineers), power struggles and so on.

why would jack share his info with RG? there is bad blood there. sure he was using a engine out of his shop that year, but that was a ford deal, not his. that was never a A tier program to start with. RGM didn't have a roush chassis or body so what would it to do for him?

roush is sharing info with yates, he's got a vested interest in that deal for reasons easy enough to see. labonte is an ok driver, but really hasn't done anything in years. now paul,that is just another story..

look at the 26 car. all the same parts as the rest. still can't do it, 88 same way over at hms.

anyone catch nascars driver ratings for this week?
All valid points, but can you name a single Roush Satelite program that has ever had any success? Roush had no reason to share with RG but it was discussed at some point (RGM and Roush doing some kind of program together) and RG stated that it would never work because of how Jack was with info sharing, it was all one way.

The chemistry is especialy huge, obviously Roush and Hendrick are acutely aware of that. And Roush seems to have little issue with finding it for his own teams, yet struggles heavily with his satelite team......Do you really think that is mere coincidence? Hendrick, on the other hand seems to have little issue with it, he was able to help Tony put a championship caliber team together right out of the box, chemistry out of the box. Jimmie said it best on TV the other day, there has always beena commitment to Haas Racing in the past, but there has definetely been an increase level of commitment with Tony coming over.

When these guys want something to succeed, it generally happens. There are exceptions to every rule though and the 26 and 88 are that IMO. The 26's issues seem to be driver related, while the 88's issues seem to be chemistry between the driver and CC. When Jr had Tony Sr on the box, these issues were non existent.

NicksTrix

Reaction
RGF, the only roush sat team i can think of in the past is woods bros. they haven't been competive in years for numerous reason anyhow so it's hard to count that.
HMS has supported a few that never did much- MB2, Diamond Ridge.
one thing with haas is that hms gets cnc machines from them as well as money from selling services. rick & gene have a long relationship. yet since they stated haas racing they never really hit a lick until this year and had support. now hms brings in some staff , some real drivers holding the wheels...
it is what it is... ;)
qualifying coming up..

RGFan

Reaction
RGF, the only roush sat team i can think of in the past is woods bros. they haven't been competive in years for numerous reason anyhow so it's hard to count that.
HMS has supported a few that never did much- MB2, Diamond Ridge.
one thing with haas is that hms gets cnc machines from them as well as money from selling services. rick & gene have a long relationship. yet since they stated haas racing they never really hit a lick until this year and had support. now hms brings in some staff , some real drivers holding the wheels...
it is what it is... ;)
qualifying coming up..
No disrespect intended NT, always valued your input.

RGFan

Reaction
RG is going to start in the back of the pack again.
Oh, don't say that........The peeps over at RG's website will grill you for being real. They will give you every excuse in the book for what the end result has been week in and week out.......CRAP!:D

DanDan

Reaction
Oh, don't say that........The peeps over at RG's website will grill you for being real. They will give you every excuse in the book for what the end result has been week in and week out.......CRAP!:D
I was wrong. 37th. :D I am hoping he can move up a bit from there.

NicksTrix

Reaction
No disrespect intended NT, always valued your input.

none taken RGF, it's all good.

some guys where on the gas qualifying tonight and got it in the show. some will race just as fast to the back...
some will just ride around in the back as usual... hmm who could that be? ;)

RGFan

Reaction
none taken RGF, it's all good.

some guys where on the gas qualifying tonight and got it in the show. some will race just as fast to the back...
some will just ride around in the back as usual... hmm who could that be? ;)
Like I have said since he started this venture for a second time........One of the largest wastes of driver talent in the history of Nascrap. And he does it by choice. That is what drives me crazy

RojoOjoRacin

Reaction
Look out #17 starting 30th... He is always strong when he qualifies towards the back