• Forum membership has its advantages....

Chris's monster trophy truck

fab101

Hello, I am the Riverside Wizard School manager and this is my personal truck I have been building off and on for a few years now. Its finally coming together. This is not a real Trophy Truck, its more of a Glamis/play truck. It is 4 wheel drive and has 28" of travel in the rear and 20" in the front. This is my first truck I have ever owned, its a 1967 F-250. It doesn't look the same anymore, I placed a 1999 F-150 cab on the frame and full fiberglass front and rear with 44" super swampers. The rear has coilovers with bump shocks per tire, the front has coil overs, bypass, and bump shocks per tire. The front shocks are not in the truck right now, so thats why its sagging in the front. The rear is at ride height and it will be level by the time its done.

fab101

yeah, I started the truck build about 6 years ago on a pretty tight budget. I don't have much $ into this project. A new custom axle can get pretty pricey, so for now I am running this custom wheel spacer machined from billet T-6 aluminum. I figure if I break a wheel spacer then I will order a new custom Dana 60 rear axle, but for now I am going to run it!

fab101

Here's a pic of my brothers F-150 that I built for him about 2 years ago. It's on 44's with 16" of travel front and back.

fab101

Here are some updated pics of the truck. The motor is a 400 Ford that is making aprox 400 hp. I moved the motor back into the cab about 15". The cage is being built from 1 3/4 .120

16004leyef

Chris when are you gonna finish that thing so you can take me for a ride in it
( this is Brent by the way )

fab101

Swinger, take a look at all the cross bracing we teach our students to put in their vehicles such as Trophy Trucks to sandrails. In the event of a crash or roll over they will have the best protection as possible. Brent... when are you coming down to show me how to finish this thing?:D

Last edited:

Doug

you teach kids how to build vehiicles that they put friends and family in.
I'm not sure if "kids" is an accurate description. We have had students from age 15 to well over 50 (kids at heart). Heck, even Klaus, the owner of this site is one of our students. And yes, we teach people how to safely build an off-road vehicle that they could put their friends and family in and be proud of that fact.

16004leyef

ill be there tommorow but i might be a little busy working on my car but ill give ya a few tips here and there lol

fab101

Here is a good example of what our school is about. This is the most supported and safest vehicle I have ever seen... and its being built in our school!;)

Tom_Willis

I was at your location for the Donahoe shock seminar and I noticed all the banners hanging from the rafters. We had banners made for the finish line at the Baja 1000 last month. If I send one of them to you would you hang it up dead center?

Attachments

wizfab

<font color="#FF0000"><b>SPONSOR</b></font>
I was at your location for the Donahoe shock seminar and I noticed all the banners hanging from the rafters. We had banners made for the finish line at the Baja 1000 last month. If I send one of them to you would you hang it up dead center?

Hey twillis, that is very cool. We would put it up dead center, no problem. Thanks for the offer. Wizard Schools..............