Christmas Wishes

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I am trying to find out the best games to purchase for my PS2. I have tried Paris to Dakar and wasn't that impressed. I liked the action of the vehicles, especially when you roll over with the in car view, but didn't like that you aren't swapping paint with other drivers very much. I haven't tried "Test drive off-road" yet...has anyone here? Give me some insight because I would like to purchase a new dirt game. Even some info on the Rally games avail if you all have one. Thanks!

Also, I have completely master the Ricky Carmichael 2002 game. Has anyone tried the new McGrath supercross game or others related to motocross? Thanks.

BRAAAAAAAAP!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BajaWaldo on 12/14/01 10:48 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
That one is on my list. I like the game but only played it at Toys-R-US. Everytime I try to rent it, it is already checked out!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Jimmy8

Reaction
Wait for WRC to come out. It is supposed to be the greatest rally game ever made. It has full licensing from WRC, has all of the cars, all of the drivers, and all of the courses. Should be awesome. EA F1 2001 is pretty awesome as well, but you might as well wait for the new one to come out for next year. I also heard the new NASCAR game is pretty cool. Has anyone played the Driven video game. It is based off of the movie, and supposed to be pretty good.

PMC Racing

Tim

Reaction
not a racing game, butI just played the new Bond game and it rocked, and tony hawk 3 looked decent.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I've played tony hawk 3 and it's sweet! Has anyone seen that "girl" fighting game commerical for X-Box? Does anyone know the name of the game? It's like 1,2,3 something. Do they make it for PS2? Thanks.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Tim

Reaction
dunno, as much as I hate the dorks on the commercial, they do kick high... lol

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Not related to offroading, but Metal Gear Solid 2 is an awesome game.

98 Tacoma Prerunner, Camburg Long Travel Kit, Deavers, 7100's, blah blah..

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
You know what I have been wishing for for a while now, is that the same people that make Gran Turismo would come out with an off-road game. I would work too just like GT but have chevy, ford toyota, ect and have a desert racing, short course section and maybe a european style off road racing section. You could buy trucks and slowly modify the suspension until you get enough to buy a full on factory trophy truck. In GT there are also some concept cars that you can't buy and have to win, they could do that too. Maybe Ford's could be the hurbst truggy and chevy's could be the trail blazer. Seriously, someone needs to make this game.

Jimmy8

Reaction
I just saw the write ups for the WRC game in rally XS magazine. they have fone write ups on every rally game that has come out in the past 5 years, even computers. It got one of the highest rankings ever. I guess it is supposed to be out this month, and the graphics are supposed to be as good as or if not better than GT3. We will see.

PMC Racing

vwguy

Reaction
metal gear solid is a very good game
test drive off road 2 was a decent game and hard but not very realistic

how ironic is it that most people slow down for speed bumps yet almost all of us here im sure pin it

Jimmy8

Reaction
Thats cool.

PMC Racing

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I have rented Smuggler's Run 2 and it was pretty good. The protruck and the buggy are both fun to race with. Out of all the off-road car/truck games I have tried, I like this one the best. The terrain changes quite often and you get chased (kind of like racing) by other trucks and buggies. I have been using a friend of mines ATV off-road adventure game. The graphics and action of the game are very realistic. They have an enduro race you can run and it is pretty close to desert racing.

BRAAAAAAAAP!