chula vista little league

randy s

Reaction
has been awesome so far in the little league world series path to the big final match-up. 15 to 0 over kentucky in yesterdays game. well done guys. don't let up.

mcheck

STEEEKERS!!
Reaction
they are leading 1 0 right now after i believe the third, hopefully the pull off another W and go all the way!

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
They're bats are really good and when you're shutting out top teams, that means the pitching is right up there too

Didn't Oceanside win it not too long ago?

Ryan_P

Reaction
Vista is the class of the World Series, they have amazing bats and a fairly deep pitching quad. 45 home runs in their last 7 games, unbelievable!

I've quit watching MLB for the past week, the Little World Series is far more entertaining. These kids have heart and soul.

BTW, they play again tonight at 5pm against Texas. It's going to be a good game!

randy s

Reaction
one of the el cajon teams won along time ago. la mesa was in the final game way back when too. brian sipe [ former san diego state, cleveland brown mvp] was on that team.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Fraud alert

If you live in the Chula Vista area and see people "representing" the team trying to get money for the team funds it's a fraud. It was on the news this morning. There are only 2 places to make donations, the teams website and Southbay Bar & Grill

michael_loomis

Reaction
No. They were the team to beat but got hosed by that cheating squad from New York that had the 15 year old pitcher. Danny Almonte. Vista was in it a couple of years ago too.

speaking of that.. the news yesterday said the pitcher for the team is 6'2' 205.. WTF I thought this was little league??

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
A little update on Team Chula Vista. They beat Georgia tonight 11-10 in the bottom of the 6th with a passed ball. They are now moving onto the US Finals...

allwaysbaja

Reaction
My bad.
Dan, most those guys went to OG with us.

No worries Bill. I found the roster, there were a lot of guys from OG. Some of these guys I used to see a lot when I was at Heller.
Escondido National Little League Escondido California 1981
US West Borboa Alex
Brookes Russell
Cardoza Chris
Escalante Frank
Esposito Bobby
Hobbs Jason
Hopkins Mike
Kinch Gary
Kinch Kenny
Larrabee Gary
Moran John
Pumar Mike
Salisbury Brett
Scales Nick
Simpson Kelly
Villalobos Peter

JoeyD23

Reaction
Mike Pumar was my coach!!! LOL ESCONDIDO NATIONAL! Where I grew up and played!!! Brett was Sean Salisbury's brother wasnt it? I was only like 3yrs old in 81 however.....LOL

Great game last night! That coach was trying to send that kid around 3rd to home with no outs...That was stupid...good thing the kid saw he was gonna get gunned and pulled up to dive back to 3rd....what was that coach thinking trying to be that aggressive with no outs....Glad the kids pulled it off!!!

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
FINALLY!! San Diego might get a championship in something other than hockey with the Gulls! lol

We should build these kids a new stadium, not the Pads...