• Forum membership has its advantages....

Cinco de Baja 2013 New Mexico

steve0we

40 mile loop? woooo - hooo! not....
Give it 10 years and when your driving to New Mexico or Texas for the 40 mile loops once the west coast is closed down by the bunny huggers you will be stoked. PS black socks arent the most popular out here, but we will know we have outa town racers :) Thanks for all the effort to keep desert racing growing Drew. You guys are a class act!

Maybe you can make the 85 mile loop in Texas this year in October.

pwerwagn

More info. This is a relatively cheap race, 200$ for sportsman and 400$ for pro. Heres the website:
http://www.outlawdesertracing.com/2013/01/27/cinco-de-baja-250-bigger-longer/

And pasted from the website:

With the city more involved and loving this event, we will party down at tech party

being held at O’HARES GRILL AND PUB 4100 Southern Blvd SE #9, Rio Rancho, NM

87124, right down the street from the pits compared tolast year. Contingency will

start at 3pm and run until 10 pm. This year will not have a pre-run on day of the

race but will have a NMORL sponsored charity run on Friday starting at 8am.

Proceeds from this run will benefit the That Others May Live Foundation and also

a local charity for Autism, New Mexico Autism Society.

$20 gets you a pre-run of the track benefiting 2 great charities.

The day of the race will be as follows,

7am Drivers meeting for Motorcycles, Quads and UTV’s

8am Start of Gran Prix style finish race for Motorcycles, Quads and UTV’s

11am Finish of Motorcycle, Quads and UTV’s awards follow finish

1145 Start staging for the Cinco De Baja main race

1230 NATIONAL ANTHEM AND PRAYER

1pm Start all 4 wheeled classes drag race 2×2 fastest classes first

8 hour time limit no chasing designated pit only

9pm end of race

9am Sunday awards ceremony and clean up Keep Rio Rancho Beautiful

Please pick up at least 10 pieces even if its not yours.

pwerwagn

Youtube vid from last year, courtesy of bowers...

Replacement String:

Last edited by a moderator:

pwerwagn

In case anyone interested didnt see this...Pre-run will be all day friday. You can pay to pre-run even if you arent going to race. 20$, and it all goes to charity...

Brian1

Well I was planning on coming but it is looking like I will be going to the Silver State 300 instead. I was looking forward to seeing El Chamuco race!

pwerwagn

Well I was planning on coming but it is looking like I will be going to the Silver State 300 instead. I was looking forward to seeing El Chamuco race!

Dang it Brian!!! Traitor!! BUT...I cant blame you. If it werent for this being local/cheap, I'd be at the Silver State as well. :-(

El Mamito USMC

Faulkner Racing will be there to help the FastGuy, Alfadoc and Sand Sluts racing.....won't have Lisa ready for this one.
Hey vecino, I didn't knew anyother racer from Las Cruces. What u race? I do atv..

I guess ill defently need to go and watch as long as my kid doesn't have soccer game..

Faulk9

Hey vecino, I didn't knew anyother racer from Las Cruces. What u race? I do atv..

I guess ill defently need to go and watch as long as my kid doesn't have soccer game..
We race class 9. We do the TDRA, BRT and some HDRA races.....got to thinking...we may do this one if $$$ come together.

Petepecas

Really? this organization is working really hard with BLM and land owners to get more and more property for us to race on, give them a break!! You should bring your race car up and give it a shot, its going to be a really fun course and even though its only 40 miles per lap its some really tough sections and some really fast sections. I wont be at this one but i invite anybody who has an open schedule during this time of year to give it a shot, you really wont be disappointed!!
Incidentally, just sold my stockfull racer to my Bro. in San Angelo, I will let him know bout this event... he might just get his feet wet there. Have fun, wish all success.

pwerwagn

Incidentally, just sold my stockfull racer to my Bro. in San Angelo, I will let him know bout this event... he might just get his feet wet there. Have fun, wish all success.
Great race to get ones' feet wet. Laid back, fun course, usually only 1 or 2 TT's present to worry about in a slower vehicle, etc. He would enjoy it.

Faulk9

Are you looking at rescheduling the event for latter this year?

esbyota

Is it a for sure cancel? Heard you might know later in the week if it was a possible go or not.

pwerwagn

I'm just a racer...I dont have any inside news really. I spoke with Drew last night (the promoter) and he told me its canceled, and said they might be able to reschedule it for August.

Thats about all I know.

NMoffroad.com has more info, theres an outlaw desert racing/NMORL section with talk about the race.

72class5

I believe this is being cancelled due to fire restrictions put in place due to the drought in New Mexico.

El Mamito USMC

waoo i guess it gives me time to set up and go race it in august but they also have the nigth race in that month