Cinco de Mayo

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Cinco de Mayo is Sunday.

I have been to 4th of July celebrations and fully understand the meaning of the holiday. Now can someone please explain the history and meaning of Cinco de Mayo the Mexican holiday ?

And where would be a good place to go to see some form of celebration around the LA area ? Other then Mex.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Some people wanted to kick the asses of Mexicans! They out numbered them by a couple hundred. Something like 200 Mexicans against 1000 bad guys (I think it was the French wussies). To make a long story short, the Mexi's kicked their asses!!!! Way to go. It all went down on the 5th of May!!!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Tyson

Reaction
Klaus, Margaritaville is a sweet place to go for cinco de mayo. I used to vallet there and was HUGE for May 5th, and its local right down PCH just passed the 55 freeway on the left side. Have fun.

Look at me, I can fly

MY WEB SITE</font color=red>

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I was at margaritaville last year. It was a very good time. Get there early, parking sucks. You get shot glasses that you wear around your neck and just get tanked. Lots of loose women and booze....I think you would enjoy it Klaus.

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Klaus-

If you'er looking for a more "traditional" celebration, two places I would suggest would be 1.) Al Vera St. - Downtown L.A., or 2.) Old Town - San Diego. Both areas are rich with the cultural surroundings, in addition to the entertainment, food and beverages that "Cinco De DRINKo" has become famous for.

Enjoy!

"Get Creative!"

Tony B.

PLS

Reaction
Cinco de Mayo has become a bigger holiday in the states then it is in Mexico. For my friends that live in Mex, or are from there, it really isn't any big deal. The alcohol distributors have turned it into an American celebration/party day.
Pete S.- BOYD RACING

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Well, I'll chime in here....
Cinco De Mayo (or the 5th of May to all of us "Pochos y Gringos") is the commemoration of the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

Marching on toward Mexico City from the Gulf Of Mexico, the French army came across strong resistance at the Mexican forts of Loreto and Guadalupe. Lead by Mexican General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguin, a small, poorly armed militia of about 4,500 were able to stop and defeat a well outfitted and trained French army of 6,500 soldiers, which stopped the invasion of the country. The victory was a glorious moment for Mexican patriots and is the cause for the historical date's celebration, Cinco De Mayo........

And where were the Americans during all of this? Well, although Abraham Lincoln was sympathetic/ supportive to the Mexican cause, the U.S. was embattled in their own civil war.

Alot of people confuse it with the Mexican Independece Day which is Sept. 16.
And that is a brief history of "Cinco De Mayo".......So lets ALL go out and pretend that we're all Mexicans, and get drunk off our "nalgas"!!!!!!!!

VIVA MEXICO, CABRONES!!

-Gabe

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Damn! Thanks for the history lesson Gabe!

All this talk reminds me of a joke...

Q.) What do you call it when four Mexicans are in a boat that's going under?

A.) Quattro-SINKo

Thank you! I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Chris

Reaction
I'm a big-ol gringo and I was born on may 5th in france, how's that. =)

Chris

Reaction
lol gabe I appreciate that!

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I know a few of spanish words...wedo (sp?), pelon (sp?), gordo...I'm pretty much all of them! Anyone else?

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Junior

Reaction
My favorite phrase while tanking it up at the local cantina and gazing at the pretty girls is:
Que bonitas nalgas tienes! (sp?)

Try it some time!

Junior
HAZLO EN GRANDE
O Mejor Regresa A Casa

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Last time I tried saying that, a full on bar brawl erupted! I must of said it wrong..lol

martininsocal

Reaction
just don't say "quieres una polla en su culo..." ay poppie!"

If your gonna go, go BIG

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
cinco de mayo is kinda stupid because it is a much bigger deal here in the states than in Mexico, and is just an excuse for us gringos to get drunk!

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

poolman

Reaction
That's not true Shaun.We have St. Patricks day to go out and get drunk.

Pigs get Fat...Hogs get Slaughtered