Class 1 where’s it going?

da223

Another HMS/Jefferies racing class 1 baja 1k win. Congrats to Brendan Gaughan.
Who is still building good 1 cars?
We can all agree class 1 is much more affordable to race than tt.
Where is this class headed?

Zac Reish

Considering 10’s and 6100 keep beating them? Slower. The young studs are in class 10 and they’re fearless. Those guys are graduating and going to 6100 or Tt. Class 1 has good drivers but there’s not enough Comp to push them to the edge of control like 10 and 6100.

I feel like a 1 car should blow 10 and 6100 away.

da223

Considering 10’s and 6100 keep beating them? Slower. The young studs are in class 10 and they’re fearless. Those guys are graduating and going to 6100 or Tt. Class 1 has good drivers but there’s not enough Comp to push them to the edge of control like 10 and 6100.

I agree with this 100%

offroadracer516

With the right driver. Easily. As has been proven. No idea why these guys are struggling to beat way lower hp cars recently. Its kinda mind blowing honestly lol

fishd00d

What A Joke
We can all agree class 1 is much more affordable to race than tt.
Where is this class headed?
No its not that much cheaper, you can race a Spec TT for less and beat the 1s.

Class is headed no where IMO. Its a dying class.

My .02

9rocky

No its not that much cheaper, you can race a Spec TT for less and beat the 1s.

Class is headed no where IMO. Its a dying class.

My .02
You will soon change that opinion. Remember this day...

Zac Reish

Are there a lot of people building new 10 cars? It seems like alumicraft always has one going but who else is building 10 cars consistently

And @9rocky why do you say that it’s coming back and what’s different to create a come back?

The only thing that seems to be getting built one after another are 300k to 1 million dollar trucks.

9rocky

Are there a lot of people building new 10 cars? It seems like alumicraft always has one going but who else is building 10 cars consistently

And @9rocky why do you say that it’s coming back and what’s different to create a come back?

The only thing that seems to be getting built one after another are 300k to 1 million dollar trucks.

First of all, the class has always been great. We have raced class 1 since 2006. The Wilsons have been racing class 1 forever, Parkhouse family, etc. Some people were drawn away by new classes, but there is a new interest in the class and it is growing with great racers getting in (i.e. Broc Dickerson, Josh Daniels getting back in).

As far as someone saying it costs similar to TT Spec, they are 100% wrong. Class 1 costs very close to class 10. Don't doubt me, cause we race both. We know...

As far as what is coming? I can not talk about it yet, but it will change the game as we know it...

Last edited:

Zac Reish

I don't think anyone said it wasn't great. And I remember you saying the same thing (change the game) about the 1 car you race now. No disrespect but I don't remember that car being anything unique at the time. No doubt competitive but not dominant. I'm interested to see what you guys do none the less.

9rocky

I don't think anyone said it wasn't great. And I remember you saying the same thing (change the game) about the 1 car you race now. No disrespect but I don't remember that car being anything unique at the time. No doubt competitive but not dominant. I'm interested to see what you guys do none the less.
Don't know that in 2008 I said our current car was a "game changer". Jefferies built a great car that to this day is very competitive. We just need to find some luck that is not bad. It is just a BIG class 1 car that is very similar to most others in the rest of the details. We still feel it is a very good car. Class 10 has made the biggest advances up to this point IMO.

Some people will never give a buggy the credit they are due. A lot of people prefer trucks. There are plenty of statistics to fit either sides narrative or agenda. We are just partial to buggies. Most attention has been paid to trucks in the last 10 years, but there is new interest in class 1 due to costs of the trucks. Wasn't a 6100 originally going to be a "affordable" class that costs $125k to build? That sales pitch went out the window a long time ago.

Zac Reish

@9rocky I agree with the 6100 cost. Whats a tsco, mason, or hall/smith truck cost these days? Maybe it was you saying everyones going to be racing for 2nd place or something like that. Anyways spill the beans. Secrets are lame!