• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 1 where’s it going?

J Prich

Also CJ’s car is like 10 years old now. Chassis at least.

ICR Racing 1044

Here is the big question, who do you think spent more. Brock Heger in 6100 with Jake valesco prepping his truck or CJ hutchins with Matt Helton prepping his car.

The both won championships this year???

I know initial cost of the 6100 would be significantly more than the Class 1 car, maybe 100k more??
yes 100k is VERY close, New class 1 is about 220k range (depending on drivetrain package) it's 180 with out motor/trans. look up the STARTING price of TSCO spec truck.... make sure your sitting down

Racer Tim

Very valid point, but I bet the differance in a new one car and a new 6100 truck is not $100K or more.
more specifically replacement cost for CJ’s class one and the Tsco 6100 that Brock races. I’d bet a 100k plus on those two cars. Keeping in mind the Tsco truck has carbon panels and Carbon fuel cell, probably TPS system and full motec setup.

Robin Hood

more specifically replacement cost for CJ’s class one and the Tsco 6100 that Brock races. I’d bet a 100k plus on those two cars. Keeping in mind the Tsco truck has carbon panels and Carbon fuel cell, probably TPS system and full motec setup.
That's just it...if you build a one car with same options, carbon, jacks, sat, electronics, etc, as a 6100 they are going to be close to the same price. If anything the one car would cost more becuase you could dump a lot more into the motor and trans if you wanted to.

LENNY

Lenny do you still have that v4 powered one car ? I was damned new to this when I bought TL 20 from you a while back,that car made an impression on me .
BTW you represented the condition of that TL exactly how it was w no BS , it aint always that way........ Thanks Russ
That V4 car was Tom Koch's and it now is a 10 car

C.J. Hutchins

Heres what it comes down to I think, there is no way to direct compare costs between different teams racing different vehicles on different levels. There is just too many variables. So unless the same team racing at the same level races 2 different class vehicles the same way I dont think we will ever get a true comparison haha.

Like I said before to me it seems a class 1 would be a lot more expensive to run at the top level all year compared to a spec tt at the top level all year. If not then ok.
I bet the prep cost for 6100 vs Class 1 is similar.
the upfront cost of a top of the line 6100 is substantially more than a class 1.