Class 1 where’s it going?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Hey fish have you driven a class one or a spec tt? You need to. My 21 year old class one is much more fun to drive then a brand new spec truck.... And thats why we race right, because its F U N lol. If Score would let the Class 1 guys qualify with TT its very possible that a 1 car could overall a race, half the field of TT drivers are ( Hobbyists ) and are road blocks hahahaha
I have only ridden in a class 1 not driven one. I have ridden and driven spec TT's (protrucks mostly which are kinda close). I have not been in a "Newer" spec tt though which is just a TT with a limited motor haha. Personally I will take the comfort and stability of a truck any day but thats just my preference.

Class10DAN

I know it might seem a little biased, as I am coming from the Class 1 side of it, for my feelings regarding qualifying and SCORE International.

I understand that the "Trophy Truck" is the marquee class and that it does maybe deserve the hype that goes with it. What is catching me up, is the fact that the baddest class 1 guys get shafted in line-ups time and time again.

With NO offence given, I repeat, no offence, towards my friend Chuck Dempsy and the "Driven" truck for charity, as well as the Fusion spec TT? that entered the big boy class, there is NO reason that they should be placed in front of class 1's that have qualified and showed up to race for the chance at a top 5 overall.

With respect towards trying to find a solution to make "most" people happy, I have had this idea for a while and expressed it to a few people who would listen.

For 2015 - Keep us separate if you must *BUT* the people that show up to qualify typically mean business, and are set on going fast and utilizing qualifying as an advantage, not a quirky side show for sponsors.

TT's that qualify start in the results that they qualified in.
Class 1's that qualify immediately after in order of qualification

Gap if needed

TT's that don't qualify in order of random draw
C1's that dont qualify in order of random draw

Justin Davis whomped on us in a Truggy this year. He started behind an extra 8-12 entries than he should have, and still wound up 5th OA. We chose not to qualify, and finished as the first "buggy" across the line, about 45 minutes off Davis and 15 off Matney. They ran great races, so nothing taken from them there, just seeing if we can fix the qualifying scheme to maybe better all of our chances at a run to 1st O.A. and not have to dredge through the non-tt speed TT's if you will. We would have showed up to qualify if it meant starting in front of 15-16 more TT entries.

Flame away, but constructive criticism would be much more appreciated. Go.....
this is facts

Class10DAN

I know a few Buggy Dorks and they love being that. I will agree that its a different type racer to want to pound your skid plate into the ground and kick side to side and buck through the whoops while holding on to anything you got. But good for them! Its fun to watch! lol
hmmmm it sounds like you DO like class 1 🤔😂

MTPyle

James Dean took 1st in qualifying today at the Rage. Respect to the class 1 and Dean. He looked smooth as was fast.

Mike

johnnyweb

Long live the class 1 race car! I cannot wait to get out there with mine (hopefully soon) and dice it up and see what she can do. Cheaper to prep and maintain then a 6100 and faster too. Of course with a comparable driver to a 6100. I have a friend who has had all of them(top level ones too) and that is the report from him.

johnnyweb

James Dean took 1st in qualifying today at the Rage. Respect to the class 1 and Dean. He looked smooth as was fast.

Mike
Ah nice he beat Josh in Sheila then too. Hmm hope he can keep it together and get the win.

johnnyweb

Josh had a motor issue believe it was a crank sensor go bad.
Ya I heard about that last night sucks! but I see he has her running and racing this morning.

Tony_Murray

Long live the class 1 race car! I cannot wait to get out there with mine (hopefully soon) and dice it up and see what she can do. Cheaper to prep and maintain then a 6100 and faster too. Of course with a comparable driver to a 6100. I have a friend who has had all of them(top level ones too) and that is the report from him.
I'm not sure a class one is cheaper to prep and maintain, we have a jimco champion class one and a GB 6100 so far 6100 has been less expensive to run

johnnyweb

I'm not sure a class one is cheaper to prep and maintain, we have a jimco champion class one and a GB 6100 so far 6100 has been less expensive to run
Hmmm that ironic cause the guy I talk to a friend and previous champion class 1 racer about this had the exact same cars as you do. He recently sold the 6100 and wish's he never got rid of the class 1 from what he said. A lot depends how anal you are on prep I guess. A lot of people under prep and a lot of people maybe over prep. Only real difference is cvs, axles and trans axle/transmission versus axles, 3rd members, drivelines, T400 trans and potentially under drive.