Class 10 engine throttle body/intake manifold clarificaiton???

atomicjoe23

Reaction
Could any of you who race Class 10 or at least are familiar enough with that class to have an accurate answer clarify something for me. . .

The rules state, "Intake manifold remain as delivered by the manufacture. It will retain it's stock shape, size, and configuration. No porting or other modifications."

They also state, "Throttle body must be production (OEM) type readily available to the general public in the U.S.A."

In reading those rules it seems that you would be allowed to bore out the throttle bodies or purchased bored throttle bodies as long as they are the OEM throttle bodies. . .would that be correct???

This is what I'm looking at and why I'm asking:
http://www.leesperformance.com/shopping/proddetail.php?prod=LPCHBTB

Thanks!!!

J.JOHNSON

Reaction
Could any of you who race Class 10 or at least are familiar enough with that class to have an accurate answer clarify something for me. . .

The rules state, "Intake manifold remain as delivered by the manufacture. It will retain it's stock shape, size, and configuration. No porting or other modifications."

They also state, "Throttle body must be production (OEM) type readily available to the general public in the U.S.A."

In reading those rules it seems that you would be allowed to bore out the throttle bodies or purchased bored throttle bodies as long as they are the OEM throttle bodies. . .would that be correct???

This is what I'm looking at and why I'm asking:
http://www.leesperformance.com/shopping/proddetail.php?prod=LPCHBTB

Thanks!!!
You cannot mod. the throttlebody or the intake at all. The offered in the USA is because the over seas ones that were installed from the factory were bigger on some hondas and toyotas. Same goes for the intakes.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
I was wondering about that. . .and the whole diameter of throttle body (one vs. 4. . .)

. . .I guess you could get bit on semantics. . .but it would seem that if it's OEM then you should be OK. . .guess I'll go straight to the horse's mouth for this one. . .