• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 10 is the most "unlimited" limited class

pdailey

Racer
when you guys passed us at V2R I tried to keep up and the Honda pulled away strong on the straight away. I think the Honda 7200 is much faster than 6100. Might be closer now with the larger engine but it sure seemed like you guys had a huge advantage.

Mike
The larger engine puts your HP pretty similar to ours now. Having the 6 speed sequential is a big advantage for sure. We have the truck geared for about 125mph top speed.

9rocky

There are 28 class 10 cars entered at Parker. We would have been #29. I wish people on RDC could find something better to do with their time then trying to tweek something that already works well. Just my humble opinion...

pdailey

Racer
How light is the vehicle?
I wonder how an ecotec-powered version would fair.
Our truck is based off the TSCO 6100 platform. It would not do well with an Ecotec one bit.

9rocky

Just all the talk previously about live axle class 10 cars, etc. Pat. The class 10 is a buggy, that is what is winning races. The competition is intense, and in my opinion where a lot of the best drivers in the sport are. The talk of it needing to be any different than what it is a waste of time IMO.

michael.gonzalez

To be clear, I'm not suggesting any rule changes for Class 10.

In fact, it is my favorite ruleset. Almost complete design freedom.
NO LIMITS ON ANYTHING (other than a tagged ecotec motor)

pdailey

Racer
Just all the talk previously about live axle class 10 cars, etc. Pat. The class 10 is a buggy, that is what is winning races. The competition is intense, and in my opinion where a lot of the best drivers in the sport are. The talk of it needing to be any different than what it is a waste of time IMO.
gotcha. I agree. Class 10 is perfect and doesn’t need to be touched.

TJ_Gambino

Class 10 tearing it up at the Parker 425. The most "unlimited" limited class is putting down some really fast lap times. Will be interesting to see how they compare to the unlimited times on Saturday.

michael.gonzalez

It should be noted that Class 10 qualified faster than 6100. I am looking forward to tomorrow's results being posted.

6100 Top 3 (~525hp)
7:05
7:08
7:13

Class 10 Top 3 (~250hp)
7:03
7:11

TT Top 3 (~900hp)
6:14
6:18

Robin Hood

Class 10 tearing it up at the Parker 425. The most "unlimited" limited class is putting down some really fast lap times. Will be interesting to see how they compare to the unlimited times on Saturday.
You can't compare Friday and Saturday's times...it just a completely different track.

Yeppy

It should be noted that Class 10 qualified faster than 6100. I am looking forward to tomorrow's results being posted.

6100 Top 3 (~525hp)
7:08
7:13

Class 10 Top 3 (~250hp)
7:03
7:11

TT Top 3 (~900hp)
6:18
Not sure how you can compare time trial times between class 1000 and 6100 when class 6100 was the last class to go.....

TJ_Gambino

Larger tires, more wheel travel, more than twice the horsepower and only four classes (all 500+ HP V8s) on the course should make up for the condition of the course.

Yeppy

Larger tires, more wheel travel, more than twice the horsepower and only four classes (all 500+ HP V8s) on the course should make up for the condition of the course.
oh I am sorry you are correct!

Last edited:

offroadracer516

Pat is right. Course gets chewed up after 50 1600 cars let alone big hp vehicles. Ended up doing two qualifying runs at rage this year due to catching a slower vehicle. First time I was 10th off the line or so smooth sailing. 2nd time I was dead last and it was beyond chewed up already. Night and day difference. Honestly shocked me how quickly it deteriorated.

michael.gonzalez

The 10's are whooping on those 6200's and giving 6100 a run for their money.

Class 10 is the best average mph/$ IMO.

EDIT: Looking closer.... HOLY ****. They are giving TT's a run for the money too!

1st place 10 finished less than 3 minutes behind 1st place TT.

Last edited: