• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 10 kit chassis

grotes

Hi is there anyone doing a class 10 style chassis in kit form?
Id love to build my own car but having all tue bends and notching done would be worth the money I think. Plenty of sand cars about but no one taking the leap in race style buggies?

D-rek

I have access to the Full Potential Chassis files. If you are interested. Our car has finished the Baja 500 and works great. The geometry is all correct. PM me if interested we have prices for entire kits or just partial. All tubes pre bent and notched suspension pieces fit together with some very simple fixtures you just weld and finish.

IMG_1511.JPG

toycruiser

D-rek it would be very interesting to get the specs of the car you built if you dont mind.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

D-rek

Here some specs on the car
105 in (266 cm) or 120 in(305 cm) Wheelbase
93 in (236 cm) or 85 in (216 cm) track width
2300 lbs (1043 kg) dry 2800 lbs (1270 kg) race ready full of fuel spare tire, jack, tools etc...
19 in (48 cm) travel front and rear
Car can be setup rear or mid engine
Mendeola, albins or Fortin trans
The car is either setup for Chevy wheel bearing assemblies or for standard off road hubs with use VW wheels. My car is set up with the Chevy setup and we haven't any problems with them with over 2000 race miles. This is a nice inexpensive setup that allows you to use standard six lug wheels (i believe they are 6x150mm) I don't even use beadlocks. The calipers are standard Wilwood calipers with standard rotors. The only problem with this setup is it requires machining a rotor hat but is a simple part. The whole setup cost 1/4 of the "offroad" set up.

D-rek

All the tubes, suspension and bulkheads are laser cut. The entire car is 3D cad modeled. There is very little fabrication to do mostly just fitting pieces together

toycruiser

Its a pretty sweet setup! I like the idea of being able to set it up for some standard parts. Helps to keep costs down for smaller teams and smaller series. pm me if you have a pricing structure in mind.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Courtmer66

I have access to the Full Potential Chassis files. If you are interested. Our car has finished the Baja 500 and works great. The geometry is all correct. PM me if interested we have prices for entire kits or just partial. All tubes pre bent and notched suspension pieces fit together with some very simple fixtures you just weld and finish.

View attachment 165624
I know this is an old post but do you by chance have any more info on this at all?