• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 10 only

steve0we

Should I run 28 psi when I check my tires in the morning and expect them to increase at a specific calculated PSI as the sun hits them? Is there any data from the MFG regarding this PSI increase? Do you guys check your tire pressures after the race and data record the increase? Do we need an extra pit person to handle that task and will the beer and fajitas increase be worth the possible future gains of collecting said data?

I wish Pistol was still here, his threads had way better traction regardless of PSI

Last edited:

9rocky

Occasionally, I come back to visit this site. Then, some of the absolutely amazing things that get posted by those that frequent the site reminds me why it is only occasionally...

Class10DAN

Occasionally, I come back to visit this site. Then, some of the absolutely amazing things that get posted by those that frequent the site reminds me why it is only occasionally...
beautiful isn't it?

Back when I raced class 10 with the Mickey Thompson Baja Pro tires (33s) with tubes. We would run between 30 and 35 psi. depending on the course we were running, never had many flats unless we smashed the rocks. The car that we were running in NORRA (4 seat class 1) has the 35" toyo MTs, we run 35 PSI with no tubes and have never had a flat.
Will be back in class 10 soon with a new car and will be trying the BFGs as well as the Tensors to see what we like better. May even try the 35" MT Baja Pro. I wish TOYO made a 10 car tire.

Class10DAN

Back when I raced class 10 with the Mickey Thompson Baja Pro tires (33s) with tubes. We would run between 30 and 35 psi. depending on the course we were running, never had many flats unless we smashed the rocks. The car that we were running in NORRA (4 seat class 1) has the 35" toyo MTs, we run 35 PSI with no tubes and have never had a flat.
Will be back in class 10 soon with a new car and will be trying the BFGs as well as the Tensors to see what we like better. May even try the 35" MT Baja Pro. I wish TOYO made a 10 car tire.
that would be pretty Banger

Class10DAN

anything new going on with your cars? prepping for a race, builds? threads kinda dry....

ErikIrvine

I finally ordered new front arms from JFW that were bent during the rollover at the Mint, other then that laying low and hoarding cash in case the economy dumps

ErikIrvine

I finally ordered new front arms from JFW that were bent during the rollover at the Mint, other then that laying low and hoarding cash in case the economy dumps

Class10DAN

Class10DAN

thats crazy, did you ever finish the race? was the car "ok"?