• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 10 only

MAC56

Two times we had low tires that did not quite feal flat get hot and explode, the first cost my codriver and his navigator a trip to the emergency room and me $95k in rebuild. The second I was driving to the finish after the last pit at Vegas to Reno, the right rear with no warning exploded raising the rear of the truck quite high, my codriver changes the flat and gets back in without putting the flat back on the rack. I remind him and he says no-way because its on fire! A local reno resident said he would put it out and take the tire and wheel back. He later said it took an hour to cool enough to put on the rack of his quad. Yes low tires get hot.

Class10DAN

Two times we had low tires that did not quite feal flat get hot and explode, the first cost my codriver and his navigator a trip to the emergency room and me $95k in rebuild. The second I was driving to the finish after the last pit at Vegas to Reno, the right rear with no warning exploded raising the rear of the truck quite high, my codriver changes the flat and gets back in without putting the flat back on the rack. I remind him and he says no-way because its on fire! A local reno resident said he would put it out and take the tire and wheel back. He later said it took an hour to cool enough to put on the rack of his quad. Yes low tires get hot.
Well shoot thanks for expanding my knowledge