Class 10 only

CHINOLAS

Reaction
@CHINOLAS Hey no hard feelings. I feel bad for my navigator missing that turn and me missing the arrows in the dust. I agree the pace was really high off the start and we were not willing to push that hard especially that first 60 miles or so.

We were about 3/8 of an inch from a day ending mechanical when you hit us. The engine cage crushed right to the pulleys. We had no idea and just kept racing. BFG told us at pit 1 that we had a slight oil leak but topped us off and we kept racing. Made it to the finish.

I am pretty bummed at 1001, whatever his name was. Hit me with a push to pass on the stella then proceeded to nerf me in a rocky cliff section with no options to turn out from. It was one of those short cuts at like RM 40 ish.. up and over a hill . The line was so rocky and steep there was no where to go and he pushed me down hill and we almost lost control of the car. I swore I would kick him in the dick after the race but I see they broke and thats good enough for me.

Davis nerf'd me once real quick and we politely moved over. Worked out fine. We even pulled over for the Honda truck on the highway heading to Santo Tomas knowing well we would be eating his dust the whole way but we wouldnt have been in the way on those fast roads. To my suprise we were 2nd on corrected time at BFG pit 1, that coast section to Camalu was bad ass.
Ben

Thanks for your kind words, what a race my friend, it's Baja everyone says but until you live it you really understand how it is, there is a fine line between love and hate in every race but we all end up coming back.

Congrats on your podium finish and look forward to meeting you someday in the future.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia

swiftracing5

Reaction
Don't hate the player hate the game.
I’ve been cheap shotted, had people nerf our door, hood, drive over our car, been wrecked, had Zac destroy my front end, left $500 body panels in Baja, had someone find me at the finish line and berated me in front of everyone saying I damaged their number plate and wanted money for it.
Some of the sht that happens down there absolutely sucks, but it’s part of playing in the big leagues. It’s the closest thing to the Wild West. Dam I love it/hate it!

CHINOLAS

Reaction
I’ve been cheap shotted, had people nerf our door, hood, drive over our car, been wrecked, had Zac destroy my front end, left $500 body panels in Baja, had someone find me at the finish line and berated me in front of everyone saying I damaged their number plate and wanted money for it.
Some of the sht that happens down there absolutely sucks, but it’s part of playing in the big leagues. It’s the closest thing to the Wild West. Dam I love it/hate it!

Exactly !

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
Congrats on the finish! I guess karma caught up with proctor , they f’d up that truck. He must have like 25% finish rate in a dead class.

BAJA 1000 RACE REPORT:

2020 BAJA 1000 Recap Video is on our YouTube Channel
5th Place with 4 hours of downtime due to several problems, everyone started the race in super-fast mode like if it was a 250-mile race, dust was a big issue on the first 100 miles.

We started 8th of 14 entries and as weird as it might sound being locals in Ensenada we did not get to pre-run the start due to a mechanical problem on a chase truck that kept me busy to the point of missing tech inspection too.

At RM 08 we were chasing 1046 Ben Hagle and his dust made us miss a hard right and ended up hitting him on the rear really hard since he also missed the same turn, not intentional we couldn't stop the car on time, then with that in mind we just went slower until RM 14 where we had all pre-run start in the past weeks, we started moving up and at Acambaro RM 65 we moved a few positions and got even worse with TT Spec dust, the new section in San Tomas to HWY 1 was a red dusty section that really made me miss a few turns again.

At the San Vicente Wash, RM 95 dust was still a problem but we managed to keep moving at a good pace, when we got to RM 135 after Colonet there is a whoopie and really soft sandy wash where our car couldn't go faster than second gear and got smashed on the rear by Jeff Proctor´s HONDA Ridgeline Truck who said to me after the race he sent several Stella Alerts to us and never moved away, he sounded like we deserved to be rear-ended, it turns out that Stella said he did send the alerts and our unit never got them due to his antenna not transmitting at the time, the bottom line is he hit us so hard that our rear bumper bent to the point of breaking the muffler bracket, engine mount and side panels rubbing alternator and Power steering pulleys, bent our rear left wheel and that caused our rear hub to fail a few miles later where we lost our rear left tire, at the end the guy just said to me I honked, I sent you stella alerts and you never moved, it is racing, by the way that wash is a 3 line wide sandy wash where he could just take another line and make a pass, KARMA took care of him a few miles later for me and found him on the side of the road.

After losing 2 hours replacing hub studs and wheel we managed to keep moving but then 2 bottlenecks and 3 flats on the rest of the race did not help us, I always said that Baja Racing is all about luck and opportunity, both of them were missing this year for us.

It was great to drive again after a COVID year.
congratulations to you and you team car/driver looks plenty fast to keep the pace for a win. Jamie builds bad ass cars

SETTING THE PACEMAKER

Reaction
Is there an entry list somewhere?

SanoDano

Reaction
I really hope I don’t have to go head to head with Robby in a 300hp AWD golf cart....
Interesting commit!
Wonder what rules the UTV's will be govern by? SCORE? Unlimited?

Zac Reish

Reaction
Lucerne is the real deal when it comes to desert racing. These are not bladed course or fire roads. These are 2 track burned in trails from generations of desert racers. I'm going to say it! Class 10's will smoke UTV's in lucerne. Unless its an uphill sand dune.

mxben

Reaction
Is the Mint worth running in a 10 car? I've heard the course is pretty smoked but have never really been on it. What kind of feedback did it have last year in class 10?

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
this mint coarse is strait up BRUTAL with 35's, I couldn't do the whole 400. last year I heard a lot of truck teams (with 40's) complaining about it at finish line, but the pay out was pretty huge last year so none of that mattered to most teams.