Class 10 only

BITD_1021

RDC Crypto
I don’t think anyone is really saying much about the cost. It’s racing no matter what class it’s not cheap. Most of the worry is when or if the 2.4 supply starts to get scarce then what will the class go to. I think as long and it goes somewhere to keep the cost down so we don’t start seeing 30k motor bills or huge fabrication cost to get the new motor in would be great.
I just did a search this morning and found over 4000+ LAF DI motors under one year model (2011 Equinox). 4000+ of them. If I included all the DI models from 2010-2017 I'm sure I could find 100,000 of them. Priced a few out for a 'new' friend at RDZ. Retail price with 50k miles around $2000 or less. The issue is some racers (maybe non-racers) wants to make another motor available. Let's wait until 2035 when the Dem Party requires all vehicles sold to be electric. Electric motors won't cost much but the batteries to run them will be $20k.

Supply isn't running scarce. Who came up with this idea. Some lazy non-racer trying to fab in a 2.4L DI motor into his Pontiac Solace?

You need help finding a motor? Crate, Remanufactured, junk yard low miles, Personal message me. I know where they are. For a minumal fee for my time I can set the whole deal or give you the phone numbers to deal yourself.

rocky4by

RDC Crypto
Yes I found plenty of 2.4 DI salvage engines, also low mileage cars on C-list. We picked ours up on the way home from the 2019 Baja 1000, where we drove/fell into the wash where the road was missing at around mile 186. Anyway we paid $1200 for it with 5000 miles on it.

MRusich

RDC Crypto
Any one in class 10 running the S5S Mendeola transaxle ? if so how is it holding up and do you use the clutch when you shift?
I built my car with that trans and have never had one issue with it. My previous class 10 car had that trans as well and no issues. I use the clutch to shift but i know it is not required in the taller gears. DFT preps my trans and typically is just a standard prep (gets serviced after every race). Every couple races may need a half gear on 2nd or 3rd and a R&P about once a year or roughly 1200 miles. Im happy with it! I know Chase Warren runs the same trans.....

RevcoPhotography

RDC Crypto
Not certain where to post these, so I will throw a quick Instagram link here for photo's taken from Saturdays KOA on lap one past the first pit. I believe I captured almost everyone in this race (cl10 and UTV) on there way out, some on the way way back in (mile 70ish) and 10 to 15 Cl10 and UTV's heading out on the second lap.

I have a recent renewed interest in photography and have bee primarily hanging out out the Mx races, therefore the majority of pictures are motorcycle, if you like what you see please hit my follow link. If there is interest, I will post more picture.

Mark
Revco Photography

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
HAGLE LUMBER RACING - KOH 21.

Ran as high as 4th on corrected time and had a break issue that costs us some time then had a CV issue we think. DNF.

Attachments

• HAGLE 1046 KOH2021.jpg
    HAGLE 1046 KOH2021.jpg
    618.5 KB · Views: 83

ICR Racing 1044

RDC Crypto
I built my car with that trans and have never had one issue with it. My previous class 10 car had that trans as well and no issues. I use the clutch to shift but i know it is not required in the taller gears. DFT preps my trans and typically is just a standard prep (gets serviced after every race). Every couple races may need a half gear on 2nd or 3rd and a R&P about once a year or roughly 1200 miles. Im happy with it! I know Chase Warren runs the same trans.....
same here, We even ran that trans with 2.0 and 2.3 eco boost ZERO issues

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
If you havent driven a 10 car with a fortin 6 speed, no lift shift you dont know what you're missing. The s5 is hands down the best value of all sequentials and is a great gear box. Ive had 100% success with mine and can compete on the same level as the 6 speed albins and fortin cars so far. But the Fortin is the best trans. Albins and s5 are neck and neck in terms of shift quality but because the albins comes as a 6 speed it gets my vote as second best.

BajaAddict

RDC Crypto
If you havent driven a 10 car with a fortin 6 speed, no lift shift you dont know what you're missing. The s5 is hands down the best value of all sequentials and is a great gear box. Ive had 100% success with mine and can compete on the same level as the 6 speed albins and fortin cars so far. But the Fortin is the best trans. Albins and s5 are neck and neck in terms of shift quality but because the albins comes as a 6 speed it gets my vote as second best.
Fortin = Smooth Shifting
Albins = Arm Workout

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Need help. My 2.4 eco idle is set at the ECU at 950 but is idleling at 2000. I don’t know the engine very well and someone told me to check for some vacuum rubber plug caps that may be cracked. Does this sound like the issue? Do I need to look for another problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Is it legal to pull the seat out of a two seater to run a short race as a single seater? SCORE or BITD?

Viola1685

RDC Crypto
Is it legal to pull the seat out of a two seater to run a short race as a single seater? SCORE or BITD?
Yeah it’s legal however if the race has qualifying whatever configuration the car is in for qualifying you have to race that way. So if you qualify with 1 seat then you race with one seat.

Lucho

RDC Crypto
Website
www.altavistaevents.com
Like to invite all you Class 10s to a great race in February. It is the PURE HI-DEZ OFF-ROAD DEZERT SERIES, right where everything started over 50 years ago, in our beautiful Cal-City Dezert and at our BAR-Bs RANCH, just 10 minutes East from Cal City Blvd. - 138th & Proctor Blvd.
We have your class featured in this 250-mile, 6-lap race, SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2021. Go to this link to get all details, flyer and entry form: Link: Alta Vista Events - OFF-ROAD & DIRT RACING - 2021 PURE HI-DEZ OFF-ROAD SERIES

Alta Vista Events - OFF-ROAD & DIRT RACING - 2021 PURE HI-DEZ OFF-ROAD SERIES

New page
www.averacing.com
www.averacing.com

NOTE: If there are 10 or more cars in your class you run on your own and not combined. Entry is only $450.00 with $200.00 of that going to your Payback Purse, and it is Fun-to-the- Max. Course easily accessible for assistance.

Attachments​

• 21-pure-hi-dez-logo-jAN11.jpg
    21-pure-hi-dez-logo-jAN11.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 21-BAJA DESIGNS-large-logo-Feb7.jpg
    21-BAJA DESIGNS-large-logo-Feb7.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 0

Last edited:

BITD_1021

RDC Crypto
I've done it in BITD races a few times. No problem. BITD just ask to take the pass seat out so that officials don't have to deal with someone who brings it up at the end of a race. Everyone (single or two seats), has the same motors, no problem. Just don't get a flat.

BajaAddict

RDC Crypto
Where are you single seat guys mounting your Lowrance?
I think it's all personal preference. Some have it mounted on the right side of the dash and some have it mounted dead center behind the steering wheel. I have also seen ipad's mounted.. Then they use leadnav to have the notes read to them while racing.

Class10DAN

RDC Crypto
Website
score-international.com
any new stuff going on in class 10??? sorry ive been away for a while (not that you guys care lol) but ive been focusing on school and surfing and didn't have a lot of motivation to check up on the news/forums, but anyways tell me whats up, im intrigued