Class 10 only

mxben

Reaction
focus on handling and grip rather than ultimate durability vs BFGoodrich Baja KR2

KR2 will offer superior durability due to construction and compound

enough said ^

swiftracing5

Reaction
View attachment 223655

I’m more curious about these new tires
These?
19B4248F-276F-4DAC-BF01-6E91614051E1.jpeg

powerbox_builder

Reaction
"Specifically designed for lightweight Dakar-type RWD buggies with a focus on handling and grip rather than ultimate durability vs BFGoodrich Baja KR2"

They aren't kidding about the KDR2+ durability. We have had a couple of catastrophic failures with these tires. First they start showing these cracks, then the whole sidewall separates. Low miles, 90% tread left. We have them on three 3500lb prerunners. They are failing on all 3 cars. Definitely should only be used on a limited car. Lesson learned, thats a lot of money down the drain.

Attachments

• 8825043100779326852(1).jpg
    8825043100779326852(1).jpg
    323 KB · Views: 124
  • 8032961560491519283.jpg
    8032961560491519283.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 149

E.Hagle

Reaction
We contacted BFG , lets just say, they were not very helpful.
In their defense, how do you really do a warranty on an off-road tire? They do a pretty good job of warning you on the website that this tire isn’t very durable. I’d be upset if I was in your position as well, but on a business end I know that they give a lot to the off-road community doing more than what any other sponsor does. Besides their actual “Baja” labeled tires are second to none in durability. Ask for a discount on those.

Class10DAN

Reaction
In their defense, how do you really do a warranty on an off-road tire? They do a pretty good job of warning you on the website that this tire isn’t very durable. I’d be upset if I was in your position as well, but on a business end I know that they give a lot to the off-road community doing more than what any other sponsor does. Besides their actual “Baja” labeled tires are second to none in durability. Ask for a discount on those.
this might be a stupid question but can you "repair" a BFG tire? or Can They repair them, i understand that they warn you (the Buyer) that they're not very durable but when you're dropping big money just for some off road tires, the least they can do is repair them or something, right? I understand that they also do a S#%t ton for the off road community and baja so it makes sense that they're not really helpful

Racer Tim

Reaction
"Specifically designed for lightweight Dakar-type RWD buggies with a focus on handling and grip rather than ultimate durability vs BFGoodrich Baja KR2"

They aren't kidding about the KDR2+ durability. We have had a couple of catastrophic failures with these tires. First they start showing these cracks, then the whole sidewall separates. Low miles, 90% tread left. We have them on three 3500lb prerunners. They are failing on all 3 cars. Definitely should only be used on a limited car. Lesson learned, thats a lot of money down the drain.

The weird thing about these tires is BFG put them on there f250 they use for course marking down in baja and they held up really great, they were on this truck for a few years that i saw?

It must weigh close to 6000 lbs?

I have heard that the sidewall cracking was a know issue and that it was fixed on the newer tires.

Attachments

• DSC_0033-1.jpg
    DSC_0033-1.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 103

powerbox_builder

Reaction
The date codes on ours were all from the beginning of 2018. They are fantastic in the sand and silt, as well as graded roads. I wish I could be sure new ones are better, but that's a $2000 gamble I'm not willing to take. Its not just that they separate, they exploded.

CHINOLAS

Reaction
CLUTCH QUESTION?

Kennedy vs Weddle, I have been using Kennedy Clutch and Pressure Plate for a long time and never used the Weddle kit but recently Kennedy Clutch has been back-ordered and Kartek is offering the Weddle clutch kit with flywheel as an option.

Does anyone have input on how good that Weddle kit is?

E.Hagle

Reaction
this might be a stupid question but can you "repair" a BFG tire? or Can They repair them, i understand that they warn you (the Buyer) that they're not very durable but when you're dropping big money just for some off road tires, the least they can do is repair them or something, right? I understand that they also do a S#%t ton for the off road community and baja so it makes sense that they're not really helpful
From a liability standpoint I’d assume they don’t “fix” tires. A set of tires seems to be a consumable that is just part of the expense of playing in the dirt.

jon coleman

Reaction
From a liability standpoint I’d assume they don’t “fix” tires. A set of tires seems to be a consumable that is just part of the expense of playing in the dirt.
ive seen ' fixed' tires, usually involved some killer rubber cement/ epoxy, saftey wire, rubber hot patches& thick farm type inner tubes, just gotta hold air right??

Class10DAN

Reaction
ive seen ' fixed' tires, usually involved some killer rubber cement/ epoxy, saftey wire, rubber hot patches& thick farm type inner tubes, just gotta hold air right??
and help you win

mxben

Reaction
FUN

Attachments

• IMG-7239.JPG
    IMG-7239.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG-7238.JPG
    IMG-7238.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG-7241.JPG
    IMG-7241.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-7240.JPG
    IMG-7240.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 44
  • bitd-v2r-20-7325 (1).jpg
    bitd-v2r-20-7325 (1).jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
  • BAJA PHOTO 4.jpg
    BAJA PHOTO 4.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 48
  • BAJA PHOTO 6.jpg
    BAJA PHOTO 6.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 44
  • BAJA PHOTO 5.jpg
    BAJA PHOTO 5.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 47

drofmij

Reaction
CLUTCH QUESTION?

Kennedy vs Weddle, I have been using Kennedy Clutch and Pressure Plate for a long time and never used the Weddle kit but recently Kennedy Clutch has been back-ordered and Kartek is offering the Weddle clutch kit with flywheel as an option.

Does anyone have input on how good that Weddle kit is?

Looks to me like the Weddle kit is a Kennedy flywheel with a center force pressure plate and clutch disk. I run the Kennedy flywheel with a Kennedy pressure plate and the center force clutch disk. I haven’t had any problems with it. Centerforce stuff is nice but can’t get them rebuilt. You should be able to get your Kennedy stuff rebuilt.