Class 10 only

swiftracing5

Reaction
70183D32-D7AC-43B1-A256-C356F28C7A99.jpeg

sounds like as long as under seats has firewall you can run under Seat, but not sure if Alum/ Jimco does this? Some would argue the aluminum shell counts.

Last edited:

Racer Tim

Reaction
View attachment 226192

sounds like as long as under seats has firewall you can run under Seat, but not sure if Alum/ Jimco does this? Some would argue the aluminum shell counts.

The rules seem pretty straight forward but many buggies have cells behind and under the seats with no fire wall other than the fuel cell can?

This includes Jimco, Racer, Alumicraft, HMS/Damen Jeffries, RPS pretty much all of them.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Uh-oh. I smell some possible inconsistent rule enforcement!
Enforcement wasn't the issue. The written word of the rules by each are/were different. For years all sanctioning bodies called for firewalls between the engine and the fuel cell. Hence many buggies had firewalls behind the fuel cell and nothing between the drivers and the fuel cell. Some builders added the one between the cell and the seats for obvious safety reasons. Others in limited classes chose not to for weight reasons.

Recently some sanctioning bodies added the requirement. MORE is definitely enforcing it. Not sure about others

Dirtman

Reaction
Wonder why the low entries for the class 10 shootout? I would think the SNORE guys that lost their Caliente race would be on board. Lucerne is great racing area, fairly easy on equipment.

drofmij

Reaction
Wonder why the low entries for the class 10 shootout? I would think the SNORE guys that lost their Caliente race would be on board. Lucerne is great racing area, fairly easy on equipment.

Well there is another organization this year that splits the entries. Plus covid, entries across every promoter has been low. We signed up for the more race after Caliente was cancelled. Most seem to wait till the week before the draw to enter.

E.Hagle

Reaction

Everyone is going to Mexico

Vista Racing

Reaction
Does anyone have any thoughts on the KR3 in 35x11.50 versus the older and more traditional KR2 in 10.50 width? BFG seems to be promoting this as the new hot setup for Class 10 but of course it's a bit wider and heavier.

Viola1685

Reaction
We haven’t ran the 11.50 yet but we have tried some other options and went back to the 10.50 always had plenty of traction and all my flats were earned. For us the lightweight of the tire makes a big deal for us. I’m sure we’ll try the 11.50 at some point but for now it’s 10.50 all the way.

E.Hagle

Reaction
We’re new to the game and hopped right on the KM3 and haven’t had a single flat. We ran the whole 500 on one set of tires. The weight is almost negligible when you offset it with all of the positives.

E.Hagle

Reaction
What sort of toe are you guys running for a standard setup? Our car is always hunting which is great for quick transitions but it’s a little bit of a handful sometimes. The combination of excess travel and tons of body roll topped off by a car that doesn’t want to track straight is a little exhausting sometimes.

Viola1685

Reaction
What sort of toe are you guys running for a standard setup? Our car is always hunting which is great for quick transitions but it’s a little bit of a handful sometimes. The combination of excess travel and tons of body roll topped off by a car that doesn’t want to track straight is a little exhausting sometimes.

we always set ours up toe’d in 1/8th of an inch