Class 10 only

10 shot

RDC Crypto
The utv will stay in the utv class and run the utv series. There is absolutely no reason to mix the 2 together. Why ppl keep comparing the 2 is mind blowing. It's like saying well my 10 car beat most of the class 1 cars so now I am a class 1 car. It's a Polaris utv. Not a class 10 . There is rules on what motor you can use and the Polaris motor is not one of them. They can port and do whatever they want to in there class our motors are sealed stock motors. Not the same rules not a class 10.

Advertising supports this site

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
How come Honda doesn’t put money into a ten car running their engine.?. Like the ridge line program.

We would be willing to explore power plants if we could get 30-50k a year from a manufacturer.

Viola1685

RDC Crypto
How come Honda doesn’t put money into a ten car running their engine.?. Like the ridge line program.

We would be willing to explore power plants if we could get 30-50k a year from a manufacturer.

Who wouldn’t want to explore engine options for some money for the year. Honda probably has the same value to buggies as most sponsors it’s not relatable and doesn’t sell vehicles.

The ridge line is at least marketable and could lead to vehicle sales. Just my .02

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
Who wouldn’t want to explore engine options for some money for the year. Honda probably has the same value to buggies as most sponsors it’s not relatable and doesn’t sell vehicles.

The ridge line is at least marketable and could lead to vehicle sales. Just my .02
I call BS. Isn't the driver of the honda an owner of a honda dealership? I believe people who get sponsors and opportunity in this sport are paying for them. The only place I see talent prevail over all is on dirt bikes. But even then you have to have the time and opportunity to train to be great on those as well and that's not free. So again you have to pay. Now I'm not saying the big teams are not talented. They are but you have to have boat loads of money to practice, pre run, prep/fine tune the vehicles, pits, and logistics. I bet big sponsors pay for less than 5% of the cost of these big name teams. We all spend big money (relative to our earnings to participate in this awesome sport. As they say there's no free lunches. Prove me wrong.

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
For sure no free lunch.

But I would think at least covering partial prep costs could be accomplished running a factory powerplant.

I'll make our buggy look like a damn Accord if we can get transmission rebuilds and engine work done :)

E motorsports

RDC Crypto
For sure no free lunch.

But I would think at least covering partial prep costs could be accomplished running a factory powerplant.

I'll make our buggy look like a damn Accord if we can get transmission rebuilds and engine work done :)
what's funny is Zac's ride is in essence a VW Beatle, my ride (a 12 car) looks like a modern Beatle and actually runs a VW power plant.

Volkswagen could care less about either one of us HA HA

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
F5E03F16-19AE-4053-BE9D-7712C723D910.jpeg

Maybe I missed this, but it seems that the rules have been updated to allow a Honda motor in SCORE. Does anyone know anything about this?

Viola1685

RDC Crypto
I beleive the Honda in score has been legal for a minute. If I’m not mistaken cops had a jimco with the Honda and they were the ones that helped get it approved for score.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
I beleive the Honda in score has been legal for a minute. If I’m not mistaken cops had a jimco with the Honda and they were the ones that helped get it approved for score.
I’m 95% sure it wasn’t on the list over the last few years.

Bro_Gill

Live. Laugh. Love.
RDC Crypto
May not have been on 'the list', but several cars have been running it over the last few years. One of the reasons is because it was legal in the class before the move to the Eco.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Honda has been class 10 legal for awhile.

The K24 is a badass motor for sure! Vtec is pretty awesome stuff tbh. Just didn't catch on like the ecotecs.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
The Honda has more power potential than the Ecotec, but you need to find the right tuner to take full advantage of the Honda package.

The "less money" part I'm not so sure of. I can't imagine the Honda being cheaper than the Ecotec.

Longevity-wise, I'm not too familiar with Ecotec v Honda. But Honda generally makes long-lasting products.

Rprice

RDC Crypto
The Honda has more power potential than the Ecotec, but you need to find the right tuner to take full advantage of the Honda package.

The "less money" part I'm not so sure of. I can't imagine the Honda being cheaper than the Ecotec.

Longevity-wise, I'm not too familiar with Ecotec v Honda. But Honda generally makes long-lasting products.
Looks like you also forgot what rotation the crank on the honda spins…..

rocky4by

RDC Crypto
I really like our Ecotec engine, hasn't missed a beat in almost 3000 race miles. There are plenty of them out there still, we picked up a spare on the way home from the 2019 Baja 1000, super low miles, like new condition. Just my opinion but the 10 cars don't need to go faster, we just need more power for silt beds, coming out of turns, hill climbs etc.... as these are areas where we lose time. If they would allow us a list of upgrades like cams or over bore sizes? 30 more horsepower would make a huge difference. I do really think it's time to update the class.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Intake and exhaust manifolds play a big role in the torque curve. (Additionally, any Variable Valve Timing also plays a big role)

I believe the rules are open in that regard, so there is definitely potential for builders to focus on torque rather than HP using manifolds and tuning the variable valve timing (Honda calls there version of VVT, "VTec")